Chapter One

Sam

"Did you think you would win? Honestly boy, why are you fighting against a cause that created you?" Gabe said, hitting me in the stomach with the old wooden bat again "Don't you dare pull another damn stunt like that ever again. You got it?" He asked sternly before hitting me again harshly. I couldn't take it anymore. This had been going on for thirty minutes now. Hit after the hit he was never satisfied.

"Alright alright! Fuck!" I screamed, gritting my teeth. I was not about to look like a little bitch though. I wasn't that kind of person. In a god-forsaken place like this, you couldn't look weak. All that would do is make you vulnerable. Make people think they can just take advantage of you.

"Not until I hit the rebel out of you!" Gabe yelled just as the door on the other side of the room opened to reveal a tall lean boy with the darkest brown hair, we all called him Timmy. You might have been able to call us childhood best friends but we did not act like it nowadays.

"Sir, you might want to come to see this," Timmy said as Gabe hit me for the last time. At least for that beating. Most of the time it would go on for a lot longer than that. It depended on what I had done to deserve the beating.

"Ugh, fuck! What now?!" he yelled before throwing the bat across the room. The bat hit the wall with a loud bang before it shattered into pieces. I cringed at the loud noise but tried to hide it as best as I could. Simply let out a sigh of relief as he turned away from me.

"We got a hostage," Timmy said to Gabe once he was close enough. They didn't think I heard but I did. Once Gabe had left Timmy walked over to me, helping me up. He always helped me after beatings like this. He still had a little empathy for me.

"Why did you do that? You knew you were going to get caught," he said, helping me up to my feet before walking me to my room in the upper cells. We had lived in this abandoned prison for my whole life. I hated this damn place. Made me sick to my stomach.

"I had to try. I can't stay here. I told you that," I told him, again, wanting to knock him out and run out of this damn building again but I was way too weak for that. I couldn't do that. Or take another beating.

"Whatever dumbass," he said as we got to my room which looked exactly like a prison cell. I only had a few things that I could call my own anyways. I had a knife and a box of cigarettes. That was pretty much it.

I signed heavily as I laid down on the bed that was just a wooden plank. Like I said I hated it here for a reason. Not to mention it smelled of drugs, alcohol, and so many bodily fluids that I honestly don't want to get into.

Before anyone could come to check on me to see if I was doing anything suspicious I reached under my bed to find the box of bandages and medical supplies. Let's just say that this was not the first time that something like this has happened and it probably wouldn't be the last either. So I made sure I kept this small box of medical supplies.

I took out an elastic bandage and wrapped it around my stomach that was covered in bruises. Then I took out some ointment and applied it to all of the cuts and bruises on my arms and upper body that were engraved in my pale skin. Over my teenage years, I had gone from a perfect complexion to have a bruise or a cut on every inch of my body.

Just as I was putting the box away I heard the main door to the corridor open and slammed shut. I got up and leaned against the door frame interested in what was going on. I looked at who had come in and saw that it was not just Victor, he was the one who usually checked in on me. It was him, Jordan, Timmy, and Gabe. They also had someone else with them. It was a taller blonde boy. Victor and Jordan were holding him tightly as they all walked down the corridor.