Chapter Two

Sam

I was awoken by the sound of slamming doors. Did these people not have any respect for my sleep schedule? Apparently not. I know I sounded like a drama queen but I wanted my beauty sleep. There had never been this much commotion around here, that was until the blonde guy showed up. I still don't know what he is here for or why. I didn't even bother asking.

When I had finally gotten up to get breakfast from downstairs. I noticed Nick was still asleep. He must have been a serious heavy sleeper to sleep through everything going on. Or he might just be normal and I am a light sleeper. Either way if I can't sleep neither can he.

I took out my knife and slammed it a couple times against the bars of his cell door. Making a loud banging noise as I tried to wake him up. Since I couldn't shake him awake, this was the only way to do it. Did I feel bad? Nope.

"Rise and shine hot stuff!" I said, making sure to yell for the added noise, the cherry on top to get him out of bed. After a couple more hits on the loud metal bars I saw him move and then groan loudly. It was kind of a hot groan to be completely honest.

"Seriously? You are the worst," He said, getting up and looking at me sternly. I stuck out my tongue teasingly.

"Ha! Tell me something I don't know," I rolled my eyes before adding "I am going to go get some breakfast. I would ask you to join me but.." I trailed off as I looked the door up and down.

"Ha ha... you're such a comedian," He rolled his eyes in return with the most sarcastic tone of voice.

"But I will pick some up for you if you would like," I told him, wanting to be at least a little nice since I didn't want him killing himself like the last few guys had done.

"Yea, sure," he said before laying back down on the bed to just stare up at the ceiling. That was what he did basically all night after we had stopped talking.

"Alright, you better be awake when I get back or you are not getting anything," I said with a cheeky smile before skipping away happily.

When I got to the cafeteria area Timmy was sitting alone picking at his food with his fork. I hated to see him like that since I still remember all of the memories that we had together.

"What happened? Did Gabe fuck you over... again?" I said picking up some food from the old rusted fridges.

"Fuck off dude," Tommy said before getting up and throwing his food away and leaving the cafeteria without another word.

I shrugged and continued with what I was doing. Then made my way back up to the 'Either Annoying Assholes or Hostages' floor of the prison.

When I finally made it up all of the stairs I saw Nick leaning against the bars. He was standing up. Which sort of intimidated me since he was at least 3 inches taller than me and I was 6 feet tall.

"Finally, I am starving," he said, his voice deep from having just woken up. I handed him a brown paper bag that was all ripped up. We had to reuse stuff like that just because we couldn't buy anything without Gabe getting caught. We stole little things here and there but couldn't go grocery shopping or anything.

I then sat down on the floor in front of him and so did he. We ate in a comfortable silence. It was a little weird to talk anyways since it was a very uncommon situation to be in. He was a hostage to my father and I was the son of the person who captured him. I hated saying that seeing as Gabe didn't see me as his son and I didn't see him as my father.

"So where are you from? You asked me last night so now it is your turn." I told him as I picked through the old almost rotten meat that we still had.

"Well, pretty close to you but my mom helped my dad with all his drug stuff. They didn't mean to have me though. They didn't want to deal with a kid. Especially in a business like this. So they put me in foster care. Once I was old enough I went looking for my parents and was met with this. I sort of got addicted and stayed with them. Now I see that I was so stupid," he told me sighing heavily and shrugging. He seemed upset but it was his own damn fault.