2. It's Revenge Time

Next morning Kritika is getting ready to attend the wedding. The pale pink off shoulder gown hugged her curves perfectly. She wore a matching earrings and a diamond pendant to compliment her dress. When she was wearing her heels the door creaked as kirti entered.

Didi you look beautiful... She awed her sister's makeover But....." she looked her doubtful. "Isnt this your engagement dress?" She suddenly said as a thunder striked her.

" Yes " she got up wearing her heels. "I want to see how will mrs sehgal react seeing me infront of her in a new way. She had to know i didn't forget anything that happened in the past. " She said taking the clutch ready to walk out.

" I will support whatever you do. I have booked a cab for you, it will be here around in thirty minutes " kirti replied following her.

"Didi..." She halted her steps when Kirti called from back. With fast step she reached near her sister who was ready to go out. she wrapped her arms around her.

" don't worry I am with you " she said.

That's all she want. someone to hold and give her a strength.she hugged her back slightly sniffing. The more she tries to hold her emotions the more she felt a weight in her chest, an unbearable pain.

"Are you angry with me?" Kritika asked once they broke the hug. Her mind is in utter mess thinking about what would be her sister's opinion.

" No I am not. I can't never angry with you. But i am concerned, as you are going to lion's cave." Kirti said referring to mrs.sehgal.

" Don't worry i am not the old kritika, who can be bullied by everyone and then. She has to think about before she raise a single voice against me." She consoled kirti.

**************

Wedding is the biggest festival in a family. It was more like a family gathering, because from our closed ones to distant ones will attend the event. Like wise sehgal mansion is glowing with the preperation of wedding between the eldest son Rahul sehgal and his long term girlfriend Avantika.

" Rohan check once if the Panditji need anything. Is there anything lacks in the puja items" mrs sehgal said to her second son rohan smoothening the edges of her sari.

" Mom why it's me. Ask someone " he whined playing with his phone.

" Stupid. There is a function going on. All you care is your game." She snatched it from his hand. " Mommmm" he shouted. " I was going to win"

" Go" she again warned keeping his phone inside her purse. " I will give it to you after completing the assigned work. I am going to check on avantika" she walked away.

Inside the bride's room, Avantika was all set to get married. The bright red lehanga complemented her face which turned red due to anger. She was yelling at the makeup artist.

" You don't know how expensive is this lipstick. It's a premium edition and you broke it. Let me call your boss and get you fired" she shouted taking her phone

" Ma'am I am sorry." The makeup artist is on her early twenties, she isn't experienced in handling such situations. So she is trembling in fear.

The accidental fall of a lipstick created a commotion inside the room. Mrs sehgal entered inside the room to see the cosmetic kit lying on the floor, the makeup girl wiping her tears and Avantika fuming in anger.

" Avanti beta what happened?" She asked walking towards her.

" Maa. She destroyed Rahul's gift that I am keeping as a treasure" she said. Obviously it was a lie. She don't want her to know her truth yet.

" Ohh it's okay. You both have a life ahead. I am sure he will gift you more than this" she winked looking her. She blushed and looked down.

The makeup girl and others gaped at the fast of her changing character. She was looking like a devil once and suddenly changed into a angel one. They smirked thinking the life of groom.

" What are you both looking at, come and apologize to her and make her ready. The auspicious time is nearing" she walked away gracefully. She has the aura of head of sehgal family. After her husband's demises she is the one ruling the family.

The makeup artist came forward and apologized, they started doing her makeup again. The previous one was spread due to the commotion.

************

" Bro don't you feel any tension. You are the groom and you are going to get married to your girlfriend" rohan said to his brother who was getting ready. There was a sarcasm hidden behind the sentence. He loved to see kritika as his sister in law. No one can replace her.

" Why should I? We love each other and we are getting married, that's all" Rahul replied slipping down the kurta through his body.

" But don't you feel the excitement, the heart thumping moment an adrenaline rush " rohan tried his luck.

" No i don't " honestly saying he don't feel anything like that. It was weird. He read in some books a lovers will miss each other when they are away, feel the excitement seeing them suddenly, feels heart twisting pain when they cry, and he never felt anything that said here when seeing her. But he wasn't going to tell this to anyone.

" What!" They both turned tho the owner of the voice. It was their mother accompanied by his younger sister Riya. Rohan prayed inside that his mother didn't hear their talk.

" You are not ready yet. Its your marriage idiot, not your neighbours. Get ready fast." She said and went away.

" Bhaiya you look handsome " she chirped as soon as her mother left them three alone.

" I know i am handsome. Don't need you remind that" he pinched her nose turning to the mirror correcting the collar.

Riya looked at her another brother rohan. She indicated him to talk, he nodded no and pushed her shoulder with his.

" Bhaiya" she called. He hummed running his hand through his hair. She ruffled his hair and sprinted outside.

"Riyaaaaa" he screamed her name from inside. Rohan also followed her.

" Why didn't you talk to him." She punched his biceps. He clutched his teeth looking her

" He hates bringing up sister in law's topic. There is nothing we can do other than praying " he said.

" Have you informed SIL about his wedding " Riya asked as they walked downstairs.

" Yes and she landed here yesterday. I have already send an invitation to her. But i am not sure if she comes or not."

" Let's wait and see" Riya said staring her mother who is running around greeting the guests with smile. Little did she know the smile is shortlived.

-------------------------------------------------------

Do comments and share your valuable thoughts.......

-With love-

Anagha Krishna❤️