Fear

Lucifer takes his attention off Samael and turns back to me. He leans in so that he is closer to eye level and says, "What's your name, pretty little thing?" His voice is huskier. It is a voice that I've imagined a thousand times, both in my nightmares and wet dreams. Sometimes the voice is attached to someone plucking out my insides with a heated knife. While other times, it belongs to someone who is expertly pleasuring my body in ways that could never be accomplished in the physical plane.

I feel my cheeks heat up. "I'm not pretty." I don't like that word. Pretty means feminine, and I've taken lord knows how many beatings for being too girly, too gay, too much. Eventually, I would figure out how to mask the homosexual in me. But before then, I would take hit after hit.

"That's not what I asked." Lucifer grinds out, clenching his teeth. I watch as the muscles in his jaw tense up. It's more attractive than I'm willing to admit.

I take a gulp that I'm positive is audible to everyone in the throne room. "Luca," I whisper.

"Luca?" He laughs. "Did you bring this one to taunt me, Samael?" Lucifer grabs my chin.

"No, I brought him so I would have something to fuck." Samael deadpans, causing Lucifer to drop my face. I wish he would stop touching my face. Is that really how Samael thinks of me? As just a sex toy?

"Disappointing."

"No offense, but not every decision he makes is to taunt you." I think I'm crazy. That is the only explanation why the word vomit is falling all over the floor in front of me.

I feel a swift slap to my face. My eyes well up with tears. I bite my bottom lip to stop the cry of pain that is about to fall from my lips.

"Come on, Lucy. You're gonna make the kid cry." Samael says.

I hear him take a step toward me, but my eyes are cast down at the tiled floor.

"Aw, Samael, are you attached to this one? Wouldn't it be more fun to watch him break than to protect him from a tiny hit?" I can feel Lucifer's eyes on me. "You have ten seconds to get him out of here, or I will ravage him."

"Fine, fine," Samael says as Lucifer starts counting down from ten.

Samael grabs my arm, pulling me up and out of the throne room just as Lucifer hits one. The door slamming behind us is the loudest song I have ever heard. The sound feels to echo through my bones.

"Samael, I'm-" I start to apologize, but I am immediately cut off by Samael.

"No, I don't want to hear it." Samael gets all up in my face, pushing me backward so that the back of my head presses against the wall. "You couldn't just fucking listen to me. All you had to do was stay where you were till I was done, and you couldn't even get the right. You're lucky he didn't kill you."

"I-" Once again, I am cut off by Samael.

Samael grabs a fistful of my hair, causing me to whimper. "You're so lucky that I'm not going to fucking kill you."

"Samael, I didn't mean to."

Samael, in response, pulls harder at my hair, forcing my head farther into the wall behind me. The brick scrapes against my scalp.

"Why can't you just fucking listen to me?"

Tears well in my eyes. Samael's eyes, however, have shifted to an inky shade of black. "You're hurting me."

"Good." He pauses, staring deep into my ears. "Maybe it'll show you how to listen to me." With my hair in Samuel's grasp, he pulls to expose my neck a little more before biting down.

I let out a huge gasp. I can't tell if it's from shock, pain, or pleasure. I feel tears well in my eyes.

Samael lets go of my neck, and I feel a drop of blood slide down my neck. My hand clamps down on my neck, and I use all of my strength to push Samael off and as far away from me as possible. I sink to the ground, still clasping my hand over the throbbing wound on my neck. I feel tears stream down my face.

Samael doesn't put up a fight as he moves as far away from me as possible. "Let's just go back to my room." Samael towers over me. His stare looking down at me just shows me how much power he truly holds over me.

"I can't get up." I choke out. My hand still hasn't moved from my neck. I think, subconsciously, I'm scared that if I let go, I'll just bleed out everywhere.

"Yes, you can. Your legs work fine." Samael says. His gaze softens a bit. I wonder if he can see me breaking behind my eyes. Or maybe he just grew a fucking heart.

"No, I-I- I can't get up." Both my cheeks are soaking wet with tears. I start hyperventilating. I don't remember the last time I cried like this, let alone the last time I sobbed like this in front of someone else. Maybe it was at my brother's funeral. I remember being dressed in black, staring down at his coffin the entire time, numb to it all. When everyone had left, the funeral was over. I went into the bathroom and sobbed until an employee found me and politely asked me to leave.

Samael bends down and picks me up bridal style. I bury my face in his shirt so that he can't see me crying. I don't know how long the walk is because I am practically having a panic attack on his shirt throughout the trip. We eventually end up back in his room. I feel him sitting down on the bed with me on his lap. Samael lets me sit in his lap and cry. I don't know how long we sit like this, intertwined. I think hell may move slower than the real world because every second here feels agonizingly slow.