Here we go

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

I took a quick trip to the store to get some snacks and stopped by Pizza Hut for pizza before heading over to Onika's house. You may be wondering why I already know her address and that's simply because I looked it up. It didn't take me long to get to her place. I got out of the car, gathered all of the stuff and case files, because I'm not making two trips, and I headed up to her condo number. I kicked the door, because my hands were full, and she came and opened it. We gave each other weird looks before she invited me in, seeing how occupied my hands were. As I sat the stuff down, I admired the decor of her home. I must say, she kept her house nice and it smelt amazing.

"Knowles, why are you walking over there? The couch is right here"

She said as she motioned to the couch.

"My bad, I was just looking at your decor. It's extremely nice, never thought this would be the style of your house though."

"Well thank you"

I sat down on the couch, which I must say was extremely comfortable. She came back into the living room with cups, plates and paper towels. We ate and discussed the case but that conversation soon ended because I decided to be bold.

"So Onika, are you interested in women?"

She seemed to have choked on her drink before blankly looking at me and answering me question.

"Yes, is that not obvious?"

"Eh not really obvious. You look like the type to flirt with both genders"

"Flirt with both? Yes. Only interested in one? Yes. What about you Bey?"

"What about me?"

"Don't act dumb. Are you interested in girls"

"Yes, is that not obvious? I give off nothing but gay"

"Yeah you're right. I don't even know why I asked."

I laughed before the room fell back into silence. That was quickly broken by a knock on the door.  Onika got up quite quick and asked who was at the girl. It sounded like a woman. Onika opened the door and a woman who was slightly taller than her entered. They screamed ecstatically before speaking to each other.

"Hey hoe!"

"Hey bitch! Not you showing up unexpectedly."

"And I'm just in time. Is this the infamous Beyonce i've heard oh so much about?"

Onika gave her friend a scary look before returning her eyes to me.

"Yes, this is her Meagan."

It seems as if Meagan wasn't even listening to Onika as she brushed pass her and came directly in front of me. I reached my hand out and introduced myself to her.

"Hi, I'm Beyo-"

She didn't even take my hand.

"Yes, I know. When did this happen?"

I looked at her confused before Onika spoke
up.

"Meagan, I just told you we had a case together. We're just chilling and going through stuff for clues. Now, why are YOU here?"

"Well I came to check up on my bestie but she seems to be doing fine" she said as she looked between the two of us with low eyes. I spoke up.

"Oh no, we aren't doing that. Everything is strictly business related between the two of us." and Onika quickly agreed.

"Mhm yeah sure, I can feel the tension but if that's what y'all say. I'm going to go ahead and get out of y'all way, I see y'all have "business" to handle"

She told me goodbye before she did the same to Onika and gave her a tight hug before exiting out of the door. I was going to speak up but Onika beat me to it.

"She's a character, but I love her. Let's get back to this case."

It was around 11:17 p.m. before we stopped and broke back into our previous conversation.

"So Onika, are you single?"

"Funny that you've asked me that. But yes, I am single, why?"

I mean I didn't really want to tell her that she was attractive and that I was interested in her so I didn't.

"Just asking"

"Are you single?"

"Single and ready to mingle. I've downloaded one of them dating apps and gotten lucky a few times but it didn't last"

"Stop wasting your time and focus on what's in front of you then" she said with a flirtatious smirk. As soon as I blinked, I felt her plumped lips on mine.

____________________________________

Dang, I'm wrong for the cliffhanger. How have y'all been? I know I've been gone for a minute but I be tired. I'm starting back up on these so stay tuned!