The Water Holds the Secrets

"What do you want nerd?" Bakugo asked with a heavy sigh as he sat out by the fire, admiring the sky full of stars.

"I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, mind if I join?" Midoriya asked quietly as he hobbled closer to the fire.

"Do what you want." Bakugo replied with a heavy sigh as he continued staring at the crackling fire in front of him. His conversation from earlier with his best friend was still playing through his head. Could he really just confess to Midoriya or Todoroki? He had been so mean and vulgar to them both for the first half of the year, would they really accept his confession?

"Have you always had trouble sleeping at night?" Midoriya asked as he sat down next to the blond on the sand. "Since we've been here, you've come out here a lot around the same time." Bakugo didn't say anything as he turned to the other boy next to him. His clothes were covered in sand and dirt since they were the same ones he had been wearing since he crashed. Only a select few people ended up finding their luggage close by, and Midoriya was not one of them. His once fluffy and curly hair was now greasy and almost flat on his head.

"Have you washed up at all since we've been here?" Bakugo asked, completely ignoring the question about his sleeping schedule.

"No, some people have offered to give me some of their clothes so we can attempt to wash mine, but I just never wanted to." He replied simply as he continued staring at the fire. He knew the boy next to him was looking over his terrible appearance and it made him nervous.

"Wear someone else's clothes or wash up?" The blond asked as his gaze traveled down to Midoriya's poorly wrapped fingers and ankle. He probably couldn't wash himself well, even if he wanted too. Bakugo thought to himself as he set his hands on the ground, pushing himself to his feet.

"What are you doing?" Midoriya asked in confusion as the man next to him stood up before extending a hand down to him.

"Come on, we're going to go wash up." Bakugo said with a heavy sigh as he waited for the younger male to take his hand. Midoriya slowly shook his head back and forth.

"I'm okay here." He responded simply.

"Deku, get up." The blond said sternly as he extended his hand further. "I have my suitcase, so I have clothes and soap. I'll help you if you need me too, but we both need to wash up." Midoriya didn't say anything as he let out a heavy sigh. He grabbed Bakugo's hand, letting himself be pulled up to his feet.

"You stay here, I'm going to go grab some stuff for us." The blond said before bending down and grabbing the freckled boys makeshift crutches and hand them to him.

"O-okay." Midoriya responded as he looked down to the ground. He was hoping there would be a time that he could wash up by himself, but he hasn't had the chance and they've been there for roughly a week already.

"I'll be right back." Bakugo said as he turned towards the plane remains to retrieve his suit case. He walked through the sand using the small amount of light from the camp fire to light his path. When he reached the plane, the first thing he noticed was Present Mic sitting on top, staring up to the sky.

"It's past 3 a.m. already?" The blond asked loudly so his teacher could hear as he crouched down to access his suitcase.

"It's about four now." Mic replied with a small sigh. Aizawa usually stayed outside until 3 a.m. before Mic would come out and force him to get some rest. "What are you doing?" His teacher asked as he shined his flashlight towards the ground to get a better view of his student.

"Deku and I are going to wash up." Bakugo replied simply as he grabbed two random pairs of sweats, two shirts and two pairs of boxers.

"Go down the beach a little ways incase the girls come out and try not to get your back wet. I can clean and sanitize it when you get back." Mic said with a small yawn, desperately missing his morning coffee he used to have every day.

"Whatever." Bakugo responded as he balanced the clothes in his right arm before grabbing a scrap towel and the little bit of soap he had. He stood up slowly, groaning at the pain from his back. It felt better since they had done the DIY stitches, but it still hurt like a son of a bitch.

"Bring this back when you're done." Mic said as he held out the small flashlight.

"Thanks." Bakugo mumbled so quietly, he wasn't sure if his teacher even heard him. Without another word, he turned back towards the fire and made his way to his crush. When he reached his destination, Midoriya was staring up to the night sky, looking at the countless stars, not a cloud in sight.

"Hey Kacchan?" Midoriya questioned when he heard the blond dragging his feet through the sand. "What do you think our parents are doing right now? Do you think they're looking at the same stars, thinking about us too?" He asked sadly. He knew his mom was probably up most of the night worrying and crying about her only son being missing. He knew there was a chance that everybody thought they were dead due to the plane crashing. Even with their quirks, it wasn't something that half of the population could survive.

"I'm sure they're just as worried about us as we are about them." Bakugo responded sadly as he approached the freckled boy. "But they're staying strong, knowing that the pro's are doing everything they can to find us."

"I miss everyone." Midoriya said quietly with a sigh as he turned towards the blond. "I'm getting tired though, can we wash up and go back to bed?"

"Come on nerd." Bakugo said with a soft smile as he nodded his head towards the water. "Mic said to walk down a little bit, so let's go."

"Okay." Midoriya responded simply as the two began slowly making their way down the beach, limping with almost every step they took. When they thought they were far enough away, they stopped by the beach before stripping down to their boxers, setting everything but the soap down on the grass by the beach.

"Let's go about waist deep, I can't get my back wet." Bakugo said as he took a step into the freezing cold water, sending shivers up his spine. Unfortunately, it was spring, so everything was cold.

"I wish Todoroki was here to make the water warmer around us." Midoriya complained in a whiney voice as he stepped into cold water as well, grabbing onto the blond for support since his ankle was injured. He slowly made their way, shivering more with every step they took.

I wish he was here in general. Bakugo thought to himself as the water rose to his waist. He could feel the green haired boy shivering against his arm and side as they stood in the water.

"Let's get this done quickly." Bakugo said with a sad smile as he released his grip on Midoriya. The freckled boy nodded in response as he used his good hand to scoop some water into his palm, splashing it all over his body. When he got everything he could, he turned to the other boy, holding his hand out for some soap. Bakugo looked at him and shook his head when he noticed Midoriya only got half of his back and didn't even get his arm that was injured. Bakugo put some soap in his hand before shoving the bottle under his arm, holding it tightly in his grasp.

"What are you doing?" Midoriya asked in confusion as the blond walked behind him.

"Try not to fall over." Bakugo said gently as he rubbed the soap between his hands before gently running them across Midoriya's smooth back. He lingered on every crease he touched, appreciating all his scars and muscles. He added a little more pressure, essentially massaging his back as he rubbed the soap in.

Midoriya let out the tiniest moan as the blond worked through the knots on his back and shoulders. When Bakugo heard the small moan he stopped in his tracks. His heart started racing as the sweet sound filled his ears. In that moment, something snapped in him. His brain shut off as his heart began beating rapidly. His heart began controlling his body as his arms slid down to Midoriya's waist before wrapping around his body, pulling him close to his chest. Without thinking, Bakugo leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss in the crook of the freckled boys neck before resting his head there, taking in the smell of their soap.

"K-Kacchan?" Midoriya questioned as he stated straight ahead with his eyes wide open, not entirely sure on what was going on in that moment. He was frozen with confusion.

"Damnit Deku.." Bakugo mumbled quietly as his arms tightened around the younger male, pulling him closer.