A Glimmer of Hope

"Morning." Todoroki said with a soft smile as he placed a gentle kiss on Midoriya's cheek. It had been a week since they started their relationship and about four days since they told the rest of the class.

"Morning." Midoriya said with a soft smile. "Kacchan fall back asleep?" He asked as Iida walked over, carrying two plates of cut up fish.

"Yeah." His boyfriend responded simply as the class rep handed them each a plate.

"When we get home, I'm never having fish again." Midoriya said with a nervous smile as he took the plate.

"Even I agree." Iida said with a sad smile. They lost track of time and wasn't sure how long they'd been there at that point, but they new it was at least a few weeks.

"It's crazy to think they we probably would've started our second year by now." Midoriya said with a sad smile as his best friend walked over with two more plates. One for her and for her boyfriend.

"I wonder how the rest of the class is doing?" Uraraka asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice. She would do anything to be at home in her second year right now.

"They're probably trying their best to pay attention and do well in class, but it's most likely very hard." Iida said with a frown. "I don't know what I would do if we were home and they were all missing, probably assumed dead."

"How do we know they aren't?" Midoriya asked with a heavy sigh. "We weren't that far behind them, what if they got caught up too?" He asked. It was something they thought about from time to time, but something none of them wanted to say.

"I asked the captain and he said they never said anything about them being caught in the storm before we lost communication, so we need to be hopeful about that." Iida said with a sigh as he took a seat next to Midoriya in the warm sand.

"It's getting harder and harder to stay hopeful about anything." The green haired boy said with a small sigh as he stared down to his makeshift plate of fish.

"Kaminari and Kirishima have already lost hope.. Deku you can't lose it too." The brunette whispered. He wasn't the person to ever give up hope and if he did, it was like everyone was going to give up on everything.

"It's not like I want too.. it's just Kacchan and I are in pretty bad shape and it's getting harder to ignore it." He began explaining. "My headaches haven't gone away and I'm scared it was something more than a concussion. My fingers aren't just broken, they're shredded and where they were cut badly is yellow and crusty, meaning I have an infection. My ankle is starting to heal, but I know it's healing wrong." He said as tears began rolling down his face.

"Kacchan's back is super bad too.. it's all yellow and leaks puss, meaning he has a really bad infection too. He can barely walk anymore. How did he even get a gash that bad?" He asked rhetorically.

"He saved me is how." Uraraka responded, causing everyone else to look at her in confusion. "We were falling fast and I was worn out from using my quirk. He was holding onto Aizawa, Mic and myself, so he couldn't really blast us to safety. In the end, Aizawa tried to use his scarf to grab onto a branch to lessen our impact, but it didn't work. Bakugo ended up grabbing me off his back and holding me to his chest, turning around and landing on his back." She admitted, feeling a little bit better after getting it off her chest. It's killed her to see him in so much pain because of it. "It's all my fault." She said as a single tear rolled down her face.

"No it isn't." A deep and grumpy voice sounded from behind them. The four turned their heads to see none other than the fiery blond with a scowl on his face. "I chose to do what I did and with good reason. What happened is not your fault. Hell, you're the main reason we're all alive." He added with a scoff as he slowly began limping the the small group.