Chapter 4

Smaug sighed as he was lying on the grasses , listening the peaceful sound of the wind which was the only sound you could hear at the moment. Not too far from him, was a two-story log cabin with what appears to be a sheet metal roof in dull red.

It was the home of his protégé , Ruby Rose and her family

It was the home of his protégé , Ruby Rose and her family. A few days have passed since they came back from Beacon Academy and , things were going a bit better.

Thanks to his intervention, Beacon was currently rebuilt under the instruction of Glynda Goodwitch, the stern teacher and new Headmistress of the Academy. Ruby's sister, Yang Xiao Long, was getting better despise having lost an arm. Thankfully, she was given a robotic arm in replacement.

Yang , after she woke up from her little coma state, got to meet the Dark-red scaled Dragon and at first, she was scared of him but quickly became fascinated by him just like her younger sister ,Ruby

Yang , after she woke up from her little coma state, got to meet the Dark-red scaled Dragon and at first, she was scared of him but quickly became fascinated by him just like her younger sister ,Ruby. Taiyang Xiao Long, their father, treated him with nothing bur respect but it was easy to find the suspicion each time their eyes met.

Smaug couldn't really blame the man for distrusting him : after all, he was only protecting his own. Qrow Branwen had left to help Goodwtich to rebuilt Beacon but there were still people present with the little family. Indeed, Team JNPR were there and had been since day one of their return. The other two members of Team RWBY were equally present. Weiss Schnee, the 'Ice Queen' was still wary of the Dragon but wasn't as scared as they first met.

The second one... well... she was scared of him.

Who wouldn't ? She was really small compared to the Dragon and he could easily kill everyone if he wanted too. Smaug was intrigued by her because he could smell a faint odor of cat around her. At first, he thought that she had a pet cat but Ruby explained to him that Blake Belladonna (it was the black haired girl's name) was a Faunus. He had asked them what a Faunus was and Yang explained to him that Faunus looked like Humans but in addition, they had some animals features.

The Mighty Dragon , however, was growing annoyed of the constant question he was asked by an hyperactive orange haired girl (Nora). She was a pest in his opinion but he couldn't do anything or his protégé would be upset. It was at those moments that he regretted his deal with the Brothers.