𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭

pairing: henry cavill x (f!)reader

word count: 1.7k

summary: You and Henry have known each other since you were both little. After his last breakup, you comfort him which makes him realize some things

warnings: lots of fluff, the names I gave Henry‘s brother‘s wives (Elisa, Maia, Ashlyn) aren’t their real names i don’t even know if three of his brothers have wives or if they all do!, it’s kinda mentioned that the reader’s hair is at shoulder length or longer

Henry never liked other women flirting with him in front of his girlfriend. Why would they do that? To discomfort his girlfriend, to prove they would be better for him, out of pure ignorance for the other woman?

He didn't know, but no matter why, he didn't like it one bit. You knew that. And even if you didn't, you had enough dignity not to do it. You just thought about how uncomfortable you would be in their situation.

You and Henry knew each other for what felt like your whole life. The earliest your memory went, was playing with him on the set of some movie your dad directed and Henry stared in as one of the kids.

There were lots of comments that you had to suppress in front of his girlfriend and him,  joking with his brothers instead, it just wouldn't be appropriate. It would sound too intimate for you. And by all means, you respected his girlfriends and never wanted to discomfort them.

Henry wasn't what some would call a playboy, but he had had some girlfriends now. Even if you had had feelings for him way before he even met some of them, why be rude to them. But breaking up with his latest girlfriend, really had its effects on Henry.

He hadn't been as happy as he usually was. When you had visited him, even Kal seemed to be upset because his dad was so different to how he usually was.

He didn't attend the first dinner of the month at his brothers, a tradition you had with his family and him. Usually all the kids, his brothers and their wives would be there, and Henry bringing Kal. Much to the kid's joy. So when he didn't attend that dinner this month, you knew his mind was still occupied with whatever storm was raging inside him.

He had told you that he was okay, still a lot on his mind but he assured you, after worried looks and lots of long phone calls, that it wasn't because of the breakup. Which you thought was at least something in the right direction of getting old bear Henry back, wasn't it?

You hadn't expected another dinner so close after the last, but you loved them, and so you didn't complain. Rather, you accepted Elisa's invitation to join her and the others for dinner that night.

You were greeted by Kal, excitedly barking when you opened the door. „Hey, bub. I missed you!" you chuckled as you bent down to pet him, as he deserved. „Is your dad here too?" you asked him in a whisper, smiling at his loyal eyes.