Dinah/You - Second encounter

Dinah/You - After practice in the hall

"Mom, that's not what I said. I said that I wasn't going to call him, not that I don't want to." I explained to my mother over the phone huffing slightly as I tried to hold the clothes basket in my hands a little tighter so that I didn't drop it. I had just gotten back from washing my gym clothes as well as the few clothes that I had worn in the past few days.

"He's your father, (Y/N). You need to call him, talk to him about what's going on. After all it's not that far from his new house." My mother countered. She was currently trying to get me to call my father and tell him about the tournament that was happening, but I kept telling her that I wasn't going to. It wasn't because I hated him or anything like that, it was just that I was sure he didn't want to have to cancel his plans to see me compete once again. After all he had seen me preform since I was about 6, so one missed tournament wouldn't really be that bad. At least I wouldn't mind if he missed on, however mom might.

"Mom, come on. He's seem every match and every tournament since I was like, six, I'm sure that it won't kill him to miss a single tournament. Besides, I'm sure he doesn't want to have to cancel plan with Sheila just because I have a tournament in the area." I explained as I walked into the elevator, smiling at the man beside me. When he asked me what floor I was going to, I told her and he pressed the button for me which caused me to smile at him thankfully before returning to the conversation.

"Shelby, (Y/N). It's Shelby and I'm sure that she wouldn't mind coming as well. After all, you really need to spend a little more time with her in the first place." Mom countered, causing me to groan while I bit my lip slightly. I really needed to give her a legit reason why I didn't want them to come other than the woman thought I was completely uninteresting and dissed my liking for Karate as something stupid. Eventually I gave up and decided to offer her something.

"Mom, I don't really care and you know that she doesn't like me! She thinks that my hobby is stupid and would be bored out of her mind if she showed up to the competition. However, if it will make you feel better, I will call him and ask if he has any plans. If he doesn't then it will be up to him to show up because I'm not going to force him to go if he wants to spend time with Sheila. No, sorry, it's Shelby." I replied, emphasizing the name at the final name that I said. I could hear her sigh through the line before things went silent, meaning that she was defiantly thinking things over.

As mom was thinking, the doors to the elevator opened and I got out, repositioning the clothes basket to my hip while I actually reach up and hold my phone with my hand rather than my shoulder. I stepped a few steps away from the doors of the elevator before stopping, wanting mom to answer before I went anywhere else.

"Fine. I'm okay with that but if I call and find out that you never called him, you're going to get it when you get home because you know that I don't like it when someone doesn't go through with what they say they will." My mom told me and I nodded, before verbally telling her that I would call him. I then told her that I had to leave so that I could head to the room and put my laundry away. She told me that she would call me later and then hung up. I sighed slightly and then slipped my phone into my pocket before walking down that hall towards my room.

Around the halfway mark, someone bolted out on one of the hotel room's close by, stumbling into the hallway before they turned in my direction and took off. The male clearly didn't care what he did because he barreled right into my side, causing me to drop my clothes basket and spill all of my clothes out onto the floor of the hallway. I was getting ready to say something about it when a second person bolted out of the same room and raced after the first male, this time barreling into my and knocking me down.

"Assholes!" I shouted at them from where I was now on my ass, groaning slightly when I looked over and spotted the mess that had once been neatly folded laundry. I had worked really hard to make sure everything was perfect and now all my work was gone. I moved onto my knees and started picking up my clothes, folding them as I went until I heard someone speak from behind me.

"Who are you calling an asshole?" The voice asked. I looked up from what I had been doing, a scowl on my face until I noticed who it was. The moment that my eyes landed on Dinah I smiled softly before frowning once again as I was reminded of the assholes that had just ran over me practically.

"Those two jerks that ran though the hall, not giving a damn who they knocked over. I just folded all of this stuff as well." I explained, looking back down at the pile of clothing in the floor as I mumbled that last part. I didn't hear anything for a moment though I did suddenly see something whenever Dinah kneeled on the other side of the clothing pile, starting to pick some of the clothing pieces up and then folding them.

"Dinah, you really don't have to do that. It's not your fault that they knocked the stuff out of my hands." I sad softly while I watched her fold one of my shirts. She imply shook her head and set the shirt in the basket once she was done folding it. Once it was in the basket, she looked up at me and smiled softly.

"I know, but there's no harm in helping a cute girl with her laundry. Is there?" She asked. I shook my head, my cheeks heating up at the words that she had just said while my heart also skipped a beat. She thought that I, of all the people in the world, was cute. Then again she could think this about a lot of people but the fact that she had said it to me gave me butterflies.

I didn't speak while we working together, folding clothing silently along with Dinah. In fact, she didn't say anything for a while either. Until she came a pair of panties that were a rather cute pair that I liked. The only reason that I had noticed she had them was because she cleared her throat slightly, wiggling the pair in the air a little when I finally looked up, my cheeks a blaze.

"Really cute there, (Y/N). I think that they would look rather cute on you." Dinah commented while looking me over for a second, tossing a wink my way before she finally tossed me the pair of panties. With butterflies in my stomach and a flushed face, I mumbled a thank you which caused her to giggle a little. We continued working until we finally finished, Dinah standing up with the clothes basket in her hands. I offered her a thankful smile as I also stood up, taking the basket from her after a moment.

"Thanks for helping. I wish there was some way that I could thank you." I told her as I put the basket on my hip once again, this time holding onto the thing rather tightly so that I myself would drop it as well as have it knocked out of my hands by someone else. Dinah looked as if she were thinking for a moment before she smiled and put her hands in her back pockets.

"Actually, I think that I have an idea on how you can thank me. Your number would be really nice." She said while biting on her lower lip slightly. My cheek flushed ever so slightly at what she had just asked though I soon nodded my head and she smiled even wider. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it before handing it to me. I blushed even deeper when I saw the name that she had given me in her contacts list once I had entered my number, knowing that the color/design was the same as the color/design of the panties that she had picked up earlier.

­Cutie in (favorite color/design).