Chap 16: Faith in me. Faith in us

"Hey... are you up yet?"

"C'mon, wake up already!"

"We're gonna be late for our morning walk!"

Your eyes flutter open, only to be blinded by the sun. Shielding your eyes, you look around, and realize you're back in your home. Everything looks so fuzzy, so you try to reach for your contact lens on the nightstand, where you always put it. But... it wasn't there. 'Weird' you always put it there. Did it somehow fall down? You sat up, struggling to find where the heck you had put them away. You feel the bed dip and a light-hearted laugh fills your ears.

"Here. Let me help you"

You turn toward the voice, they took your hand in theirs, putting the contact case into your hand. Muttering a 'thank you'. You put the contact lens on, letting your eyes rest for a bit before opening them. The sight that met your eyes bewilders and surprises you.

"S-Spamton?!"

You couldn't believe your eyes. Mouth gaping like a fish as you tried to form words but it only come out in a stuttering mess. Spamton is... here?!? You rub your eyes a couple of times just to make sure that your eyes aren't tricking you. Spamton looks at you funny, trying to contain his snicker as he stops you from rubbing your eyes sore.

"Take a picture. It will last longer!" he suggested playfully.

You might just take his offer if it wasn't for your brain hadn't stopped working

You might just take his offer if it wasn't for your brain hadn't stopped working. You couldn't say a thing still, so you kept on staring at him. You noticed that he seemed to be a bit... bigger? Taller even, but not yet up to your height. His puppet-like body before seems more robotic now, though he still holds some sort of softness to his feature.

"Stop staring at me like that, it's weird" he commented, a rosy hue coloring his cheeks as he look away from your intense gaze.

"C'mon! Move already!"

Spamton pushes you out of bed and everything around you poof into fluffy clouds, before you know it, you're now in the kitchen with Spamton standing on a stool, cooking breakfast for the two. Mindlessly, you sit down at the table, trying to get a grip on your own reality.

This is just a dream. It's not real. Your mind is tricking you, trying to make you happy by forming fake scenarios that you wished would come true for the two of you. But you are willing to be trick. Only for a while. Just enough so you could forget about him afterward.

"Order up!!"

Spamton lays the plate before you, sitting down on the opposite ends as he pours you a glass of orange juice. Curious, you look down at your plate. It was a simple scrambled egg with tomato and rice. It smells delicious.

"I... I wanted to surprise you... for everything you've done for me" he explains, his eyes couldn't focus on you as he keep looking away whenever you make eye contact.