one

- couple months ago -
Warren.

"Never did I think I'd be having a conference with a werewolf-owned company." I found myself saying to my assistant, glancing at her. "Are they all werewolves?"

"Yes, I think they have human workers at their headquarters, but they don't bring any to their meetings so I've heard." She informs me, and I chuckle.

"Looks like they're trying to make a statement." I purr, my eyes scanning everyone.

They weren't focused on any of us at the moment. I could see the boss of it all setting up his computer to the projector. His stone-cold expression was very interesting.

Normal meetings I go to have always been human. This is the first werewolf conference I have accepted. I found their percentages and data outstanding and I couldn't pass up the collaboration. Besides, werewolves were making a steady rise in all aspects of human job fields.

Might as well be the first to start the trend in the business side of things.

I feel my phone go off as soon as the man starts speaking, and everyone on his end looked displeased. I just grin as I raise my finger at them.

"One moment, it's my-."

I flinch to see a dark hand grab my wrist. I took account of the nerves that protruded and I go up his arm.

My eyes setting on crystalline-like eyes. A bright blue that complemented well with this man's dark brown skin. He was so captivating to behold as I notice how perfect he was.

Sinewy in nature as his shirt was loose on him, but I could still see his muscle. His strong gaze that lit something within me that I have never felt...made me...

"You don't get to give demands here, you're on our territory now." He growls, and I found myself enamored by his tone.

A very deep voice that had a way to make me feel a lit again. His voice went right through me and I...loved it. I was enjoying something for the first time again...

My kids were the first...and now this man.

"Do you werewolves not realize who you're messing with?" My assistant cries, and the man looked at her.

"You're a werewolf?" I breathe to him a question in surprise.

He let go of my wrist, looking over at his boss I presume, who nods. Now he stepped away and towards the door.

Except I found myself standing, my eyes still set on that...werewolf.

"Whatever your proposing, I will accept," I say quickly, causing everyone to gasp, "You don't even have to make any monetary exchanges. I just want him."

I point at the man who has captured me entirely, and he looks. His eyes wide on me as he saw that I was pointing at him only.

"You want my son?"

I look at the guy, seeing him frowning in confusion.

"He is your son?"

"Yes? If you are asking for me to sell my son to you for a business deal, I will pass. He is not an object-."

"No, no!" I shake my head, surprised he'd assume I meant it in that way. "I don't mean it in such a way. I mean let him work for me. It's...a merger of some sorts."

His father glanced at his son who just looked at me still. Only to look back at me.

"Only if he wants." Is all he says, and I found myself slightly irritated. What if his son doesn't want to? "You two talk it out. I believe the meeting is officially over until you two talk it over."