Sufferers & Fighters || 13

⚠️ w a r n i n g ⚠️

!! panic and anxeity attacks !!
!! mentions drugs !!

1. opioids are drugs mainly used to relieve severe and chronic pain. it is used post surgery (sometimes in combinations with anelgesics which are another category of drugs similar in use).

2. sedatives are drugs used for the treatment of anxeity and depression. it is given to relax brain functions on cases of panic or anxeity attacks.

⚠️ note: i am not a medical professional, the information provided above and usage of these drugs in context of this chapter is purely based on what i have studied in some books and on google. remember you should never take any medicinal drugs without proper prescription from a professional doctor.

___

"ahh! stop!" aera cries, folding her knees closer to her bodies and shuts her eyes tight. shivering and sobbing as she tries her best to pull herself back, but the wall at the back seems to have a different struggle as if the shattering cries weren't enough for it to just melt and her eyes looking for help weren't enough to push it back further.

the person doesn't stop and the hits just get more intensified to the point where aera struggles to breath, feeling cramped and suffocated between the tall figures towering over her, retraining her movements. a hand clasps around the soft skin of her neck, fingers clenching gradually, making her gasp for air which became the only thing telling her that her body still wants to live.

"aera," a muffled voice enters her ears, sounding much different than the evil laughters.

she jolts awake, panting to catch her breath as it takes a her few seconds to gain her senses back and realise she's at home; in her room; in her bed. a deep sigh works out of her lips followed by a sob for her eyes just landed on the cast on her right arm reminding her of the cruel reality. she rubs her eyes, laying back on the bed and curls her body smaller, hugging herself with her free arm as if trying to provide the warmth jungkook's embrace does.

for a moment she goes quiet, flinching at the door clicking open, but the crying soon intensifies on seeing it's jungkook entering with a bottle of water in his hand. he sighs softly, keeping the bottle away and sits on the bed, quickly bringing the sister in his arms before kissing the top of her head.

"my child, don't cry. i just went to get us some water, princess." he assures her and rubs her back, which is when he notices how the temperature of her body had dropped low and yet there was sweat forming on her forehead and palms. "did you have another nightmare?"

"they were... oppa, they were hitting me," aera sobs out, hugging him tighter with one arm, trying to stay near him for as long as possible, "it hurts so much..."

"shh no one is hurting you now. look, it's just me here." he kisses her forehead, wiping her tears and makes her look around the room, "see, there's no one here. it's all okay, oppa is here with riri."

aera blinks a few times rubbing her eyes as it takes jungkook a little more time to calm her down and she looks around, nodding slowly. her head rests against the brother's chest, closing her eyes tiredly, "i'm sorry..." she whispers out.

"it's fine, you don't have to apologise, baby." he says, stroking her hair and lays down slowly, keeping her in his embrace, "do you want some water?"

aera nods slowly, letting go of him for a second as he leans away towards the nightstand and grabs the bottle and her cup, pouring the water in, giving it to her. however on seeing her hands trembling, he supports her hand, feeling the tears burning in his eyes too that he had managed to keep in till now.