Chapter II

The two brothers made their way to the foot of the house. It was a relatively fair size for their small, pitiful village, but was next to a grain of sand compared to Leboural and all of the rich housing there.

Cy dropped his sword with a clunk before Sage opened the door to the house. The hinges replied with a creak.

"Boo!"

Cy jumped back before recognizing that the voice came from Cleve.

"Haha, got yooouu!" shouted Cleve as Cy regained his footing and made his way inside.

"Yeah yeah, you got me, you gremlin," he said, shutting the door behind him. It smelt like fish and herbs, with sent pouring through small openings.

"hey ma, what's for dinner?"

"Well, you'll just have to wait and see!" hollered his mother through the kitchen window.

"Fine, if I need to wait, I might as well do something productive," thought Cy, making his way down the hall and into his room.

"What in the-"

His room was a disaster, leather books flung on the floor, his nightstand flipped over, and his bed a mess. He could've sworn that he cleaned up earlier.

And something was moving around in his closet.

Quickly, Cy reached for his sword.

Right, it wasn't there.

"Damnit," he huffed, before picking up the closest object he could get his hands on.

It happened to be a pot holding a green, prickly cactus that he kept in his room. It reminded him of the desert, the city he barely got to see.

Slowly, he made his way across the creaking floor. Whatever was inside the closet barked viciously, which made Cy pause before continuing.

"Slowly, one foot after another, can't possibly be as bad as I think...I hope," Cy thought to himself, praying that he didn't get killed by something in his closet, of all places, it had to be in his closet.

Before opening the door, he checked the floor below him, making sure the floorboards weren't going to give away, or if there was a surprise tripwire. With a shaky hand, he slowly, so slowly, opened the closet door. A black animal with similarities of a small lion rushed out and flung Cy into the floor, spit flying everywhere, actually, no, just into his face.

The creature looked around the room, searching for an exit. He wasn't sure how his family didn't hear the crashing. The animal finally saw an open window, and decided to throw anything and everything away getting to it. It hopped up and out the window, leaving Cy with himself, his thoughts, and an extremely messy room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rude animal," thought a bitter Cy, cleaning his room.

After the 'attack', all of his family currently in the house came inside of his room and amusingly asked what HE did. Cy tried telling them what just happened, but his mother just helped him up and told him to clean the mess. Sage wasn't believing really him either, but told him that if something else like that happened again, he wanted to see it.

The only one who really believed him was Cleve.

"Don't worry, I don't think you're this stupid," Cleve had whispered to him, gesturing at a knocked over bookcase.

"Thanks," Cy responded, "now I have to deal with it all"

"Well, I'm sure not gonna help, BYE!" Cleve shouted as he shut the door with a huge smile on his face.

After cleaning, he decided that it would be best to stay in his room for a little while, just let everything that happen sink in. He may have shut his eyes, and fell asleep for the rest of the day, missing dinner and anything else that happened then, but he didn't care.

Rest was too nice right then.