Chapter 5

As soon as Camilo had finished talking to Antonio, Isabella burst through the door to the dining room and grinned. "Decoration time!" She yelled as a cactus popped in the middle of the table where pot was set up. Multi coloured roses appeared around it, making Camilo sneeze as he breathed in the pollen. 

Antonio smiled from ear to ear. "I'll tell some animals to help! Maybe there could be some butterfly's!"

Camilo tensed as he thought of his last encounter with a butterfly. "Maybe meerkats would be better?" He asked then realised what he was saying was completely random as Isabella and Antonio stared at him. He had just tried to think of anything but a butterfly. "Um... actually doesn't matter. I would just like to suggest birds."

Antonio nodded, "Butterfly's and birds would be a perfect combination!"

Camilo face palmed, maybe he just shouldn't have said anything. 

"Isabella! Do you want me to bring the piano up? I though some people might want to play some music." Luisa's voice rang from down stairs.

"Yeah, sure!" Isabella called back to her. "Maybe Dad could play a few songs!"

Dolores walked into the room and tilted her head, listening to the things no one else could hear. "Once Julieta clears his bee stings. He accidentally hit another bee hive." She shrugged and helped set up the decorations. 

The next second, Felix and Peppa walked in, arguing again. A cloud hovered over Peppa's head, raining down and soaking her clothes and the tiles. 

"Peppa! You have to get rid of the cloud, todays a very special day and we don't want to get all the decorations wet!" Felix told her. 

"But what if today doesn't go right?" Peppa wailed. "What if it becomes the same as last year? What if Casita falls and the miracle goes out again!"

Abuela walked through the door and placed a reassuring hand on Peppa's shoulders. "Everything will go okay, the magic is strong! Nothing could go wrong today." As she said she flashed Camilo a look as if to say, it will go well if you don't spill the information and have the whole town making up crazy conspiracy theory's about a glowing butterfly. 

Camilo gave her a not-so-subtil thumbs up, trying to tell her that he wouldn't tell anyone else. Abuela gave him the slightest not, so small that he wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't been expecting it. It was such a small signal that no one else in the room even realised anything had happened. At least Peppa was trying to calm down now, the tablecloth wasn't getting drenched, that was an improvement compared to lots of dinners. 

Feeling certain his message had gone across that he wouldn't spill the beans to anyone, Camilo turned around and helped put up the decoration. He turned into the Tallest person in town called Jose, he always used his form for putting up decorations. Dolores helped him, passing up nails and hammers when he needed it. Today marked exactly one year since the miracle had died, only to be brought back to life soon afterwards. They were celebrating it, celebrating the miracle and family, the thing that actually kept the miracle alive. 

The 17 of April. Time just flies by when you're doing chores," Camilo thought. It hadn't felt like a year since that tragic day had happened, it felt like only yesterday as he was jumping for the balcony but his shapeshifting powers had given out on him. He'd clung to Casitas, about to fall balcony and had fallen to the ground, Casita breaking his fall. He remember looking at his hands, trying to shape shift but no outcome happening, he was just... him. He'd never really known how much he relied on his powers till that moment...

"Camilo!" Dolores called in a loud whisper. "You're getting distracted again..."

Camilo shook his head and tried to stop the memories that flooded his brain to see Dolores holding out the hammer to him. He smiled and took it, careful not to drop like he'd done with the spade and many other things in his years. "Thanks."

Luisa came up the stairs, holding the piano with Mirabelle. Julieta and Augustin came after them, finally everyone was here except...

"I got everyone except Bruno," Luisa told Abuela. "I think he went into the walls again. 

Mirabelle rolled her eyes, "He just can't get over that can he?"

Camilo laughed and turned into Bruno. "Look, free food, and right by the kitchen! Oo, and also, free entertainment! There's nothing better than rodent game shows!"

"Hey!" Antonio protested. "Rats are cool!"

"Someone find Bruno, it's nearly dinner!" Isabelle said, her eyes wide an anxious for Bruno to join them. 

"Lets get ready for dinner!" Mirabelle sang as casita opened the drawers and cupboards, revealing hundreds of plates, cutlery and cups. Isabella quickly slipped out of the room, obviously she was put to the task of finding her uncle. 

Before he knew it, Camilo was having Casita throwing plates after plates at him. He threw to Felix, one of the only people not having them thrown to him by Casita, and together they placed them onto the table. 

By the time the dinner table was set, Isabella had made it back with Bruno. Everyone stared at him, needing an answer for his absence. 

Bruno smiled nervously. "It wasn't my fault I was late!" He protested. "It was him! He made me stay back." Camilo raised an eyebrow as Bruno held out a rat in his hand. "It's Jerald." He said with complete seriousness. 

There wasn't any time to question anything, guest were already arriving. Tonight was going to be one of the first celebrations in the town for months, everyone was just hoping it would go well, the least thing they needed was a re-do of last years events.