Chapter 13

Six days later...

After Ravana had been defeated and Abuela had died, things were unusually quiet. Ravana was never seen again, though Antonio's tiger came back the day later. Abuela's door had shifted till it made a picture of Mirabelle, making sense why she never got a gift. She was destined to be the next candle holder. The party had for her had been quiet, everyone still grieving when it had happened, and the usual table chatter had died down to only the sound of cutlery scraping plates. Tonight, it was going to be Dolores's proposal. Everyone tried to be happier, trying only to think of the exciting things rather than dwell on the past. 

Mariano came in, all smiles to find the table was already prepared. Decorations had been set up everywhere around the dining room and everyone was praying it would go better than Isabella's proposal. 

They ate dinner and Mariano played them a song, just as he'd wanted to do at last years proposal. It was a jolly song and seemed to raise everyone's spirits, even creating more table chatter. By the end, Mariano seemed happy with the song and did the one thing everyone had been waiting for. He got down on one knee, taking out a box and opening it to show a golden ring. He smiled. "Will you-" just like last year he didn't even get to say marry me before he was cut off. 

"Yes!" Dolores said, her eyes as bright as a star. A burning star in a constellation. 

That's the end, I hope you liked my book! Please say in the comments if you'd like me to write any other one of another book!