osasuna-nightmares pt. 1

"hey, rin, wanna come over tonight?"

suna barely nodded while staring at his phone, but osamu already knew that his boyfriend had agreed.

when they walked through the door, the first thing that suna heard was a loud crash and two screams. from two people. while osamu looked around the house for snacks, rintaro flinched hardly. nonetheless, he shook the shock from his face and instead replaces it with exhaustion.

"yo! tsumu! we're home. where's mum?" samu calls out. suna took a deep breath, trying not to panic in front of his boyfriend. panicking would lead to questions, and questions were bad. very bad.

"hey, samu. mum's on that business trip with dad, remember? oh, sunarin's here," tsumu responded and waved to his brother's boyfriend, who only shrugged and nodded.

many onigiri and snacks later, osamu and rintaro were cuddled on the couch, watching a movie. atsumu's upstairs, calling his boyfriend from tokyo. although osamu loved the movie, he couldn't help but to notice how often suna flinched. it happened during loud noises, jump scares, quick movement, yelling, and even touch from himself. what was happening?

after the movie finished and the end credits began rolling, samu pushed himself up from the couch.

"yo, rin. wanna share the bed upstairs?" osamu asked.

"nah, i'll stay here on the couch. i'll be fine," suna responds, but the usual shrug and apathetic tone doesn't seem to work against osamu this time.

"nah, man. it'll get really cold. forget i asked; you're now coming with me to my bed. don't worry, nothing's happening. just sleep."

and that's how rintaro somehow found himself staring at the ceiling above samu's bed. he had planned not to sleep in order to eliminate rhe possibility of giving anything away. the plan fails, of course. pulling an all-nighter is fine for suna, but doing it without energy drinks and food is impossible. the dark covers suna's eyes in mere minutes.

miya osamu woke up in the hours after midnight by suna's thrashing and gasping. osamu tried waking up his boyfriend, but nothing seemed to work. the nightmare continued for another minute before something passed rintaro's lips.

"no, mom. stop! please!" suna cried out, and tears streaking down rintaro's cheeks were now visible in the moonlight.

now, osamu knew exactly what was happening, and it needed to stop.

"suna!" osamu shouted in suna's ear and shook him.

dreary, tired eyes opened to large, frightened eyes staring at him.

"what's wrong?" they both asked at the same time. suna's question filled with confusion while concern creeped through osamu's.

432 words -grey :)

hello! this oneshot is going to have a part two, which is hopefully coming out tomorrow. i hope you enjoyed!