Chapter 3 -The Deal

Today, the sun is extremely happy. It's burning out here and there is zero signs of clouds. How I wish right now I was extremely happy. Today I have to ask Blake to take Mirella to his house  for three nights, starting tonight. And I am no fool but I do know how this might end, bad. He is obviously going to ask me why because I had previously asked to have Mirella the whole week and now I have to tell him otherwise. Mother and Bianca said that I do not know the benefits of a divorce- keeping my love and personal life to myself. Which is true because somehow, someway my personal life is Blake's personal life.

"As always be good at school, mommy loves you." I fix Mirella's school skirt and kiss her forehead. "Now go to the living room and watch tv for a little bit, mommy has to talk to daddy."

"But my favorite Dj is playing and I want to listen to her in the car!" Mirella looks at me with pleading eyes, one thing I cannot turn down but Blake can, so I look at him for help.

He sighs and squats down to our daughter's level, "Mirella go watch the tv, there is no way I'm letting you stay in the car alone. We won't take long, I promise."

"Fine." She does her cute little handshake with him and runs to the red couch.

"Aria." Blake says, standing up straight and looking at me.

"Blake." I say too and not because I'm mimicking him but because I cannot find the words I wanted him to hear.

There is something that has changed about him, physically. It's like he got his hair shortened and now looks like the old Blake, just even more handsome. I know, I know, I know...what am I doing checking out my ex-husband? But the thing is, I haven't started checking him out yet.

Blake always picks Mirella up wearing a full suit since he barely has any free day and we don't take time to talk so I don't examine him that much. But today he decided to come in wearing only a white shirt and his suit pants. The problem is that the shirt is hugging him instead of clothing him. So I can see the muscles he has worked on his entire life have upgraded and are now...what is the perfect word? I think I will go with yummy. And like before, Blake is still not skipping leg day. How can one's legs be that attractive?

My eyes scan back up and they get stuck on that unbuttoned shirt. What is the point of wearing a shirt if you're going to leave open three buttons? I am not going to lie, I am running out of oxygen here. And is if that is not enough, Blake raises his arm up so that he can run his hand in his hair. I get a tiny view of his upper abdomen which right now I wish I can run my hands on.

Now, I see why I need to find myself I boyfriend. This is all torture and why am I scanning him today out of all days!?

"You done?" Blake snaps my eyes off his chest back to him.

I open my mouth but no words come out, literally. Left with only one option, I raise my hands to signal that I need a 10 seconds break. And to save you the thinking, yes my face is full blown red and yes this is embarrassing...very.

I turn around and face away from him, taking deep breaths in.

He is your ex, he is your ex, he is your ex, he is your ex... I play the words over and over again till I feel much better. It's like a huge load of weight has been removed from my shoulders.

"Right, sorry about that I-" I pause mid-sentence because as I was turning around Blake was no longer six steps away from me but a step away from me. And I am talking about Mirella's tiny one step away from me.
"Blake, what are you doing?"

"Checking if you're okay. I didn't know that checking me out can lead to a heart attack. That is the first." Blake says, still not moving away from me but with a smirk moving on his handsome face.