The Unexpected

Bucky and King T'Challa stayed in recovery in the lab until they were fully healed. King T'Challa was moved to his chambers as his injury healed more rapidly than Bucky's. King T'Challa was completely healed within a week. Meanwhile, Bucky was still in the lab healing. During this time, Y/n would visit Bucky and talk for hours. They grew even closer than they were before as they now shared having forgotten who they were and having no free will. Y/n wasn't able to sleep alone; she would wake up in cold sweats from all the memories of her killing people flooding her mind, as well as the pain she went through when they erased her memories. Y/n would sneak into the lab to be with Bucky after everyone went to sleep; when she was in his arm, she felt safe, and she was able to get a long enough rest before waking up to a nightmare. Bucky's nightmares were less frequent than Y/n's, but he still had them. One day they both woke up simultaneously due to a nightmare that made them bump heads.

A week passed, and Bucky is having his final check-up with Shuri. Bucky is lying on an operating table as Shuri scans his wound one more time. Y/n is across Bucky. Shuri completes the scan, and the scan is uploaded to the digital screen on the wall adjacent to the operating table. Shuri waves at Y/n, gesturing to walk towards her and Bucky. Y/n walks over, "Is there something wrong?"

Shuri, pointing at a scan of Bucky's gunshot wound, says, "This part is not completely healed. I say maybe one more week for him to be completely healed. But he is good to go home." She looks at Bucky, who is now sitting, and continues, "Take it easy, Bucky." Shuri walks to the opposite side of the lab to gather Bucky's medication for the wound.

Bucky smiles and stretches his arm, grabbing Y/n by the waist and pulling her closer to him on the operating table. Y/n smiles, and Bucky says playfully, "What do you think about moving in with me, just until you decide to go back home?" Y/n feels her cheeks blush red.

Bucky places one hand on her cheek, and Y/n smiles and says, "I would love to move in with you." Y/n leans closer to Bucky putting her forehead on his, and continues, "I love you."

Bucky smiles and kisses Y/n and says, "I love you, too."

Shuri walks back with Bucky's medications and sees them kiss and says sarcastically, "Good thing, you are not staying in the lab anymore."

Y/n walks over to Shuri and says, "We need to find you someone, right Bucky?" Y/n and Shuri both glance at Bucky simultaneously, and Bucky pretends to ignore them. Y/n looks back at Shuri and continues, "Okay, I will find you, someone."

Shuri hands her the medicine and says, "Two medicines he has to take daily and the other whenever he is in agony." Shuri smiles and starts walking away.

Y/n says playfully, "You can't run away from cupid. Cupid can fly."

Bucky starts laughing and says, "Are you supposed to be cupid?"

"Yes. I'll have you know, I was a pretty good matchmaker back in my day."

Bucky makes a cringe face and laughs softly, "When you say that, you make me feel like an old man."

Y/n walks over to Bucky and says playfully, "You are old." Bucky makes a pouty face, and Y/n continues, "It's okay. I like them older." Y/n kisses Bucky.

Bucky and Y/n walk up to Y/n's bedroom, and they both start packing Y/n's things. Y/n, put some music in the background as they packed. Bucky is near Y/n's nightstand when he sees a small metal box, the one that Y/n opened that made her shoot Bucky and King T'Challa, and he asks, "What is this?"

Y/n turns around to look at what Bucky is holding. Y/n's mind flushes with the memory of her opening the box and becoming hypnotized. The memory overwhelms her so much that she starts to feel lightheaded; Bucky rushes to her side, placing the metal box on the nightstand. Y/n is now sitting on the bed with Bucky on her side, and she says, "We must destroy that metal box."