chapter four

"Excuse me, Captain Fuegoleon?"

The said man stopped walking and turned to you. The Captain was a tall man with purple eyes and has long, vermillion hair, a familiar pair of locks you'll never forget. He, too, has marks around his eyes and a crimson diamond-shaped mark on his forehead. The man's presence screamed royalty as he did nothing but stand there and wait for you to speak. "What is it?"

"Do you happen to have a sister?"

If you weren't paying close attention to him, you wouldn't notice the slight enlargement of his eyes. Apart from that minor details, his face remains neutral. "Why do you ask?"

"I want to see her." You truthfully said. "The truth is, nee-sama saved me when I was a child. I want to thank her personally."

The Captain was motionless, staring through you. You weren't afraid to look back, after all, you weren't lying about the things you just said about his sister, or someone related to him. You're not sure that nee-sama was his sister at all. "She's not here at all," you felt your shoulders drop as his words registered in your head. "But since she's a part of this Magic Knight squad, I'm certain that she'll be back soon."

You hurriedly bowed, "Thank you so much, Captain!"

Captain Fuegoleon dismissed your deep bow and continued walking while you're lagging behind him, like a recently born puppy following its parent. When the Magic Knights Entrance Exam was done and all, you bid farewell to Sol as she promised to 'not be a stranger' when you two see each other again. You also spoke to number 281, telling him a stroke of good luck on his journey on the Black Bulls as he confusedly smiled at you. He must be wondering who the hell you were. After that, you went to your waiting squad to introduce yourself to the Captain, who was quick to welcome you with a professional yet parental nod.

The robe he gave you was long, enough to cover your torso. It was crimson too, representing the squad you joined and the fire magic that most members of it wield. It also has a scarf that you find useful during cold seasons.

The two of you walked into a palace-like structure. This must be the squad's Headquarters. You quietly scanned your surroundings, this was the biggest place you'll be staying at. It made you somewhat uncomfortable and sad that it lacks the familiar warmth and comfort that Ms. Sho and Freya bring. You wondered how the two of them were doing right now. The halls seem endless. Rows and rows of tall beams, wide paths, and walls that have miniature patterns on them. This place is a noble's domain!

The Captain entered a room and left the door for you to enter. Once you did, a synchronous greeting to the Captain reached your ears. There they are, the other members of the Crimson Lion squad. Most of them were male and you're thankful that they didn't bat an eye when they saw you with Mr. Fuegoleon.

"My name is y/n y/l/n. I'm a Butterfly magic user. I look forward to working with you all."

"Pleased to meet you!" another synchronous answer. This squad seems lively.

Formalities and accommodations were done, you went to the room the Captain told you that was yours to use. It was simple yet big enough. The room was larger than your home by the field. You let out a sigh when your body softly bounces on the cloud-like mattress. You sink into it and felt the exhaustion of the Entrance Exam creeping into you. Maybe some nap can help you adjust to your new surroundings.

Spoiler; it didn't.

You only get a small amount of rest before someone knocked on the door, announcing that Captain Fuegoleon has declared a meeting and that everyone must attend. You sat up, fixed your hair and cloth then followed the other members to the room where the Captain is. The squad looks like a large family. Everyone, aside from you, appears to be familiar with one another. This must be the bond of battling with each other for years, the thick bond of trust and brotherhood.