𝑒 𝑝 𝑖 𝑙 𝑜 𝑔 𝑢 𝑒

[3 years later]

I don't think there's enough words in this world to explain how much love I can hold for this one human being. It's so cliche and corny and predictable but true.

It happened in the least likely of places you'd find love. But still within those 7 days I had fallen deeply in love with a girl who radiate darkness and light all at once. Who lacked depth within her personality, who never struggled to snap back with a sarcastic comment. It didn't matter because regardless,

I fell in love with her.

"Your such an idiot." Cheol laughed spitefully at me. His arms folded over his chest. Watching Ryung messing around with the kids at the shelter. Her smile returning into a brighter grin, pulling tighter onto her cheeks. Creasing the dents on her cheeks—displaying her dimples perfectly.

Her laugh made my stomach shutter. Joyful shrills feeling the playground. Almost piercing my ears as there wasn't a single moment of silence.

"You've known her for so long yet you still act like a idiot around her?" Cheol teases. Bouncing his soccer ball against my back a few times. Trying to get me to move forward.

"Piss off Cheol." My palm against his forehead, hitting backwards until he's at least a few metres away from me.

"You're so socially awkward it's so sad to watch." Cheol shakes his head. His voice coming out more strained this time. Clasping his lips tighter, walking in a different direction then me.

"Just talk to her already!" Cheol leans his head backwards. Analysing the way I moved back and fourth from the basket courts. Holding the box in my pocket tighter. Scratching at the velvet box.

"Ryung! Sae wants to talked to you." Cheol pushed Ryung closer to me. Pulling her into the direction I sat in. Holding her down onto the bench.

"Yeah?" Ryung leaned back against the wooden planks. Propping her right leg over her left. Resting her head onto the back support of the bench, sighing softly.

"I wanted to ask you something." She sees the box. Her eyes widen slowly. Still maintaining our difference.

"... uh yeah?" I already know this. She doesn't like the idea of marriage yet. It's not like she'll deny it. But she just doesn't have the right momentum for it right now. Neither do I, but who says it hurts to try?

"Wanna move in with me?" This dumbass really thought I was going to propose.

"Are you stupid? Yes."

_____________

[Yun Ryung]

You'll always experience sorrow. That endless amount of fear and pain. That nerve that cracks through your brain when you feel like you could lose everything within seconds.

You'll always experience it once.

Whatever form it comes in, it will always be delivered the same way.

And for some reason that's what it was like being so obliviously in love with Kang Sae-byeok.

Nothing was ever determined, nothing was ever thought through. It all just happened in the moment. Even then I didn't know if I loved her or hated her.

Every time the thought popped into my head I just ignored it and denied it until it vaguely moved to the back of my mind. Floating mindlessly with the rest of the regarded stuff.

She was something I always knew I had in the end.

But no. I'm still not ready for marriage.

And I definitely do not want kids.

But I'll indulge the moment we're having.

I like having her fingers run through my hair. Feeling her nails flow through each strand slowly. Curving them down against my scalp just near the end.

The sight of her eyes glowing just slightly beneath the beams of the sun. Reflecting through the tiniest gapes between the tree leaves.

Just her herself was enough.

"Can you stop staring?" She slapped my forehead playfully. Placing her book down beside her.

"Fuck off." The laugh pushed stronger out of my throat. Even more so as she continued to tease me endlessly.

"Can I ask you something?" She pulled me back down on her lap. Closing the pages of her book shut slowly.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"What was the secret you told Cheol the first day you met him?" Sae-byeok looked down at me. Waiting expectantly.

"I forgot." No I didn't.

"No you didn't, just tell me. It can't be that big of a secret if you could tell my brother?" But it's really nothing.

"I swear I really can't remember." It was as if it was yesterday.

"You suck a lying." She just laughs. Pushing me gently.

"I swear when I remember it I'll tell you." I'm never going to tell her.

"You're lucky you're cute or else I would've pushed your dumbass of this fucking bench." Her arms crossed. Looking at the cars crossing the roads.

"Yeah right you could never. You love me too much." Her eye brows arched. "Wanna test that?"

She chased me off the bench. Just a few inches behind me.

"If you don't stop now I'll tell you the secret." Sae-byeok pulls her hands of my waist. Spinning my body around.

"What did you just say?" I just lift a smile. Glancing calmly. "Nothing."

Flashback:

"What does my sister mean to you?" He looked up at me. Smirking pridefully. His hands folded behind him. Swirling back and fourth on the tip of his feet.

"Well you could say she means as much to me as the colour scarlet red does. Do you know what that colour stands for?" He shook his head quickly.

I leaned in further. Just a good distance to his ear.

"It means love. Your sister is my scarlet red."