9. Classless Guests

The Weasley couple arrived around lunchtime, bringing all of their children with them, including a very fussy baby Ginny and loud four-year-old Ron, who seemed to make it his life's mission to drown everyone out with his screams while running around like a headless chicken.

Henry suppressed a grimace at the sight, while Hannah covered her hid her face in a stuffed bunny she had been playing with, in an attempt not to go deaf from the almost inhumanly loud screeches that suddenly erupted in the room. Too bad for them that Henry found their chaotic behavior in the least pleasing this time, swiftly clearing his voice and shooting the many read-heads with a pointed look.

Arthur was quick to apologize for their behavior, while Molly rushed to the twins, almost shoving the little witch beside them, before smothering them in a tight hug and beginning to lecture them loudly. 

"If you would kindly refrain from unraveling your familial conflicts in my house, please.", The wizard finally spoke up, in a raised tone, reducing the family to silence.

He would have laughed out loud at their baffled expressions, had it not been for the man not wanting to stoop to their level of classlessness. His brows began furrowing as he took notice of the resigned desperation on the face of their two eldest children as if Bill and Charlie had already admitted defeat before the fact that their mother had no shred of decency. Airing out their family's dirty laundry in public must've been a common occurrence for them, the wizard theorized, brushing his hand over the top of his daughter's head, signaling for her to join him on the sofa.

Fortunately, the family's patriarch had the sense to silence his wife with a quick charm, before she had the chance to open her mouth and bring further insult to this stranger who, by the looks of it, belonged to a high-class family. Even the young child beside him, someone who Arthur presumed couldn't have been older than his youngest son, held herself with an air of dignity as if she was a proper pureblood lady and she knew it. He didn't doubt that was the case. 

Henry plastered a cold yet polite smile on his face, motioning for them to have a seat on the opposite couch and various chairs placed around the room. They did so rather stiffly, with various awkward grimaces, attempts at casual smiles, no doubt.

"Who are you? What are you doing to our boys? How dare you take them from us and bring them here?!" Molly bit out after dispelling her husband's charm, motioning at the ceiling with an outraged look.

"Lord Henry Peverell" Came the taller wizard's curt reply. 

A cruel smirk played on his lips as he watched the woman come to the realization she had been speaking with the lord of a revered and highly influential house. Nevertheless, he didn't give her the chance to try and fix the situation, continuing to speak in a tone that made the room feel that much colder, while the little witch behind him fought to suppress her snickers.

"You are currently in the Peverell Mansion, as I am sure you know. Your sons appeared in my courtyard in what I have confirmed to have been a bout of accidental magic. I did not do anything to them, so you needn't concern yourself or throw around baseless accusations."His words cut into her mercilessly, if the growing grimace of the Weasely matriarch's face was anything to go about.

"No, no, you must've misunderstood.", she laughed nervously, "I was simply so worried about these two little troublemakers I spoke out of turn. I am very sorry I have offended you, please rest assured this will not happen again."

"I hope so."

Suddenly, Hannah placed her hand on his wrist, signaling she wanted to talk. He placed his own hand on her smaller one, to let her know he noticed, without taking his eyes of the family of very uncomfortable read-heads before him, and continued.

"You may take your children and leave the same way you came, I'm sure you haven't forgotten the way yet." Then he turned his attention to the little witch, with a soft smile, not at all like the glacial facade he had presented the Weasleys. She mirrored his smile, showing off a little gap where she had just lost a thought a few days ago.

"It's lunchtime!"

"Indeed. Shall we?"The man mused with a fond smile, offering her his hand in playful reverence, completely ignoring the baffled family of wizards they left behind in the living room.

"Mopsy, please see that the Weasely family leaves without further incident. I do not doubt they know how to, but nevertheless, please keep a close eye on them."

The duo headed to the dining room silently. Henry was deep in his thoughts, meanwhile, Hannah stared down at her yellow bunny with a conflicted expression. Once they entered the large double doors of the dining hall, the wizards finally took notice of his daughter's silence and stopped, kneeling in front of her. With one hand he gently moved a few raven locks behind her ear, staring deep into her youthful green eyes. Her mother's eyes.

"What's troubling you, my little fawn?"

"Does this mean I won't be able to play with George and Fred anymore?" The girl pouted, sticking her lower lip out and looking up at him with big puppy eyes.

Mentally, Henry grabbed his heart, as an arrow pierced it and he fell backward. In reality, his eyes softened, despite him knowing that this was but a ruse to get him to allow her to play with the twins again. Damn his stupid heart, which could never hold strong against Hannah's adorable puppy eyes.

"I'm sure we can figure something out."He finally sighed, rubbing his temples.

With a little cheer, the witch skipped away from his and climbed into her seat, swinging her feet happily, like nothing had happened.

Henry sighed again. He seemed to do that way too often these days. 

But to hell with it! What wouldn't he do to see her smile?