Chapter VII - The Barbecue

My lips leave a trail of kisses down Ella's neck while she digs her nails into my back. Low moans escape her lips as she tries to remain quiet since we have several other people in the house. Her lips find my shoulder and she bites on it softly, earning a groan from me. My lips collide with hers once more and our tongues dance together like we were made for each other. My fingers intertwine with hers and we stop for a minute to look into each others eyes. 

"Ella.. I really want to do this but I don't think that it's right." I whisper lowly and disappointment invades her eyes. She tries to move from under me to get her clothes back on and I can see she's on the verge of tears. "Hey hey, wait a second."

"Josh, it's fine, I don't need your pity. I understand that you don't find me attractive enough and you just want to be my friend, cool, don't worry." Her words cut me like knives and I grab her hands preventing her from moving. "Ellie, you know that's not true. I mean you are literally under me and I know you can feel what's going on down there, if you know what I mean." Her expression relaxes a bit and the tears that she was fighting are no longer there. "What I actually meant was that it's not right for me to sleep with you without even taking you out on a proper date before."

Her face is now covered in complete shock, I know that this wasn't at all what she was expecting to hear from me. I have never been this proud of you, Joshy. I'm in tears, sniff sniff. Ugh Jack, shut the fuck up will you. "Josh, are you serious?" Ella stares into my eyes looking for any signs that I'm lying to her or joking.

I move myself to lay beside her and she lays on her side to face me. "I've never been more serious, Ella. We clearly cannot be friends, we're not made for that. But we cannot just have that conversation yesterday and sleep together this morning, I respect you too much for that." The smile that I remember seeing 6 years ago on that sweet innocent girl is now all over Ella's face. She places her hand on my cheek and presses her lips to mine which I gladly return.

"Uh, sorry mister gentleman, I don't know if I'm allowed to kiss you or if that's also for after the date." Ella mocks me and I softly shove her playfully while rolling my eyes. She gets up slightly and grabs the tshirt I took off last night and puts it on. "So, is you stealing my whole wardrobe part of this new arrangement of ours?" I raise my eyebrow and she laughs, laying with her back to me. I spoon her and she nods her head softly. "Yes, get used to it."

We stay in bed for a while, just spooning but I was careful enough to hide her actual clothes before someone got into the room and got the complete wrong impression, wrong-ish mister cause you were almost there bad boy. Ella ends up drifting to sleep, since she woke up so early and got home so late last night.  

I'm almost falling asleep myself, feeling completely comfortable laying here with her, until I hear my bedroom door open. I lift up my head and look at Samuel, bringing my finger to my lips to ask him to not make any noise. Judging by his expression, I think he was way too shocked by the sight to actually be able to form a sentence. He just mouths to me that lunch is ready and I nod and let him know that we will be right there. 

Sam leaves the room and closes the door. I press soft kisses to Ella's face until she wakes up and she lets out a small sigh. "I hope you know that I refuse to get up, Josh, I'm way too comfortable." I laugh and nod. "I agree, it's almost a crime but Sam just came in here and said that lunch is ready, we have to go."

"Sam saw us like this?!" Ella immediately gets up and looks around for her clothes. I let out a loud laugh and point to where I hid her clothes. She walks towards them and starts putting them on. I just lay in bed and watch her with an amused face. "Relax, he didn't see anything, he just saw us laying together, it's not like it's a crime."

"Are you aware that we're going to get downstairs and everyone will know about this already and we will suffer a questioning very similar to the Inquisition?" Well, cannot say that she's wrong. As soon as Samuel arrived downstairs he for sure told everyone what was happening and now we will suffer the consequences. "What are we going to tell them?" Ella sits on the bed looking at me, waiting for me to be the one to answer that question.