CHAPTER 7

Tits . Tits everywhere.

Women grinding around on huge metal poles , in tight ass clothes an anorexic couldn't even breathe in. Their bodies covered in pounds of make-up and glitter .

"Look at me ." their faces read. "Want me."

The air was filled with the crude smell of sweat and cheap body oil. Horny men huddled around in packs, smoking their expensive Cuban cigars , throwing dollar bills at their women.

People could say what they want about strippers. To me they were they icons, role models even. Why the fuck not?

They were independent , athletic, they could do things most women couldn't even dream of and to top it all off they were brilliant.

Imagine. One sway of their hips and a man empties his entire bank account.

Now that was skill.

It deserves my praise.

"You're late," Tahlia said stalking towards me. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't show."

Tahlia was another stripper. Tahila was Heanry's stripper.

Another one of his conquests I was forced to be in contact with. To put it frankly, I hated Tahlia. But for the moment she was valuable.

RULE NUMBER 82 : We don't hurt the valuable

"When can I get my money," She said in whisper.

Tahlia's also a money hungry bitch.

"When I'm ready." From a distance , Tahlia's sister was doing her final dance on stage. Dressed in only a red thong and high platform shoes, she paraded in front of a dozen men. Each throwing money at her , as if their lives depended on it.

"Worship me." Her face read "Let me devour you."

I've decided I liked Tahlia's sister and if the circumstances were different , and I didn't have to kill her , maybe she and I could've been friends. Maybe. I grabbed Tahlia by the neck and pulled her closer .

"I need you to do me a favor." My lips brushed against her earlobe. "Get her somewhere alone. If you need me I'll be at the bar."

She nodded.

"What can I get you gorgeous." I planted myself on one of the bar stools. Peaches, the bartender gave me a once -over , as she poured out my tequila. 

"So tell me," she said.

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this ?"

"A girl like me?" I said while downing my glass. The burning sensation was just what I needed to keep me focused.

"Look at yourself sweety, you look way too prim and proper to be in a strip club." That was unexpected. I looked down at my outfit , trying to see what Peaches did. Prim and Proper.

Sure . Wearing a summer dress didn't particularly scream 'gun for hire' , but I was fucking comfortable. Sue me.

Not to mention, my run in with an extremely imaginative little girl , has caused me to re-think my choice of hair colour. I decided to go blonde.

"So this means you're either job hunting," Peaches continued "Or you're gay."

I choked.

"Are you like this with all your customers?" I asked.

"Most of my customers are men and definitely not gay."

I'm starting to like Peaches.

"Well I'm certainly not gay or job hunting," I clarified. "But if I every think about it, I'll come back."

"You better," Peaches warned.

Just then Tahlia made her way over to the bar. She wore a worried scowl on her face

"Peaches," Tahlia said in her direction.

"Tahlia," Peaches replied.

It seems that these two have some unsettled issues between them.

"She's in the back," Tahlia said softly. Peaches had long left to attend to her other patrons.

I raised my right leg and braced it against another stool. I rode my dress up revealing my halter boot . I zipped it down, then took out the fifty grand I'd been storing.

I paid for my drink and after saying goodbye to Peaches , slid the rest up the side of Tahlia's G-string.

"How does it feel?" I asked her.

"How does what feel?"

"Selling your own sister out for money," I said while descending the barstool.

Hidden behind red velvet curtains , the back room was the special VIP area. Furnished with black leather couches and beautiful Bohemian lights. The room was the perfect place for any acts of sexual indiscretion.

It was also filled with an unwanted witness.

A man , not much older than thirty , sat at the corner of the room. His beady eyes raked over my body, as Tahlia's sister straddled his lap.

"Today must be my lucky day," he said in a thick southern accent.

"No asswhole , its not." I said gesturing to the curtain. "Leave, before I make you leave."

The man and I engaged in a mini stare down before he finally relented. "Crazy Bitch," he said on exit.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Tahlia's sister screamed.

"I'm the person whose been hired to kill you," I replied.

To say she was shocked was an understatement. The poor girl was mortified , her green eyes grew wide and at the moment she looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Wha ... What?" She said weakly.

" Look , I get it. It's not everyday a stranger comes and just announces that they're about to murder you," I said hoping to ease the awkwardness. "Just take three deep breaths and it'll be over before you know it."

"Okay, I am calling the cops-"

"Trust me , you don't want to do that," I injected. "By the time they get here you'll be dead. Screaming won't do you any good either, I'll break your neck before you can try. I'm faster than you , so I will catch you if you try to run. Ouch-"

Violence . I expected that. It's human nature to defend yourself , once your life is being threatened. However, slapping me across the face was a cheap move.

The heel of my shoe jabbed the side of her leg before she could bolt. She went down with a large THUD. She thrashed and wiggeled as I made my way on top of her.

I settled myself on her stomach , then reached my hands around her neck. She wasn't giving up, she pulled and yanked any and every part of my hair she could reach. Clawed and scratched every piece of skin.

I increased pressure around her neck. Her efforts to get free were decreasing. Tighter.

Tighter.

Tighter.

Silence. No more scratching, no more pulling and no more screaming. Just silence.