CHAPTER 2

Author's Note:

Spotify song list for this chapter:

1. The saint motel- sisters

2. Oxford Comma- Vampire Weekend

3. High Hopes- Panic! At The Disco

Warnings:

cursing

___

Ivy's POV

Within a week I was able to settle the date of the meeting with Senior PR Social Media Specialist from Stark Industries, Rachel Tibson. When the day came I woke up early, feeling excited and very curious why this huge company, like Stark Industries, wanted to meet with me- a photography freelancer. Perhaps they needed someone to make pictures for their new eco project they've been recently announcing on their website. Yeah, that's probably it. But I was still wondering why they couldn't work with more known companies specializing in these specific eco areas. Not that I wasn't able to fulfill their expectations, because I knew I could do it with my thumb up in my ass. I know my worth and I trust my talent, but still I was feeling a little bit anxious and nervous. The anticipation of the unknown was driving me crazy.

I showered quickly, did my hair and put on makeup as usual. I always put my hair in a high, tight bun and when I started using makeup I was instantly drawn to neutral colors. I sat on my bed with a cup of freshly made coffee and stared at the open wardrobe, trying to decide what to wear for the meeting. Eventually giving up, I reached out for my phone and texted Minnie.

IVY

We have an emergency, help me

MINNIE

White blazer you bought last week and black pants I gave you on Christmas ;)

IVY

You're a witch, how did you know?

MINNIE

Ivy, sometimes you're so predictable that it is getting ridiculous..

IVY

Shut up. Thanks for the outfit tip :)

MINNIE

Are you getting to the office after the meeting?

IVY

Yep, I still have tons of work to do. See you there!

MINNIE

Good luck bitch! <3

IVY

Thanks <3

I pulled out the clothes from the wardrobe and matched it with the black high heels. I made myself a bowl of oatmeal]s with banana and chocolate flakes for breakfast. Slowly eating it I looked up through the kitchen window. I really love New York. In a weird way it made me calm and safe. After the accident I tried to find a new place, which would allow me to say 'That's my home'. I didn't know exactly why I'd decided on New York, it just happened. Now, I can happily say I have never regretted this decision.

After eating my breakfast, I collected all my necessary stuff and walked out of the building. Luckily, this time I called the cab before, so I waited only a couple of minutes before the car drove up to pick me up. During the drive I was still thinking about this meeting. I was crossing my fingers in my mind that everything will go smoothly and I would approach as a confident, independent woman ready for new work experience. The cab drove relatively quickly and soon I stood up by the entrance of the Stark Tower. I entered the lobby and walked to the reception desk.