Chapter 5

See Me

Alex Jones. Child of Nevaeh Fields & Tony Jones. He was an only child, born on January 23rd, 2002. Nevaeh was a struggling actress for 24 years. It got so bad that she turned to drugs when Alex was 5 & she was 28. His father, Tony, was horrible. but he thought he did his best. Tony was a gym teacher & in his free time, he was a freelance writer. Once Alex's mother started abusing drugs, she also started abusing him. Nevaeh came home one day, coked up & noticed that 7-year-old Alex didn't iron her new dress. He went to school the next day with bruises. He didn't get punished for normal things, only things that inconvenienced his mother. That explained why he acted out so badly at school. His teachers would call home constantly, but Nevaeh had blocked their number & his father was too caught up in trying to sober up his wife that they would be met with a voicemail tone.

When his mother would abuse him, Alex would be met with excuses from his dad. "She's not sober, this isn't her. "She wouldn't have done this if you had ironed her dress." Stuff like that. Alex grew up resenting both of his parents. He grew up angry, with a taste for chaos & he wanted to be seen. He did things to be seen. He just wanted someone to put him first. Nobody did. Jone's was fully socially blacklisted to the point of no return by sixth grade.

"Did you hear? Alex Jones pulled his pants down in class & peed on the teacher today."

"Bro, AJ just told me to kill myself because the color of my shirt was hurting his eyes. It's a plain black shirt..."

"Leilani told me that Alex harasses her non-stop on Instagram. She said he's a loser with no friends & she isn't worried about it but if I were her, I would go straight to the police."

"I saw AJ blowing some guy behind the school & afterwards, the guy gave him the tiniest bag of coke that I have ever seen."

Alex grew up to be the thing he hated most. His mom. His drug addiction started around Freshman year. Rumor has it that when Leilani didn't let him come to her party, he went sniffing around and found some paper tabs in his mom's drawer. That first taste of an altered state of mind hooked him immediately. He wanted to do everything.

The thing he wanted to do most, however, was Leilani Bennet. From the second they met in 4th grade; he became hooked. She was nice to him at first. As nice as Leilani could be. Alex liked to imagine that they'd fall in love, get married, have 3 kids, live 'the nice American lifestyle'. In reality, she didn't know his name until 6th grade, & by then, she heard so many bad things about him that she'd never looked his way again. The fact that she didn't look at him, or see him, made him feel like he needed her. Everyone else saw him. Alex was always the talk of the town. How could she not see him? Truthfully, her dad was dying of cancer, her sisters didn't like her & her mom was never around anymore. All that she had on her mind was her cancer ridden father. Leilani just wanted him to be okay.

Alex was aggressive & mean to those around him. From a young age, that behavior showed him that it was the easiest way to be seen. 'Any publicity is good publicity,' which is something his mom would say, though she never got any sort of publicity. She died of an overdose when he was 12. Not a single tear was shed, he felt free & happy. His father, however, fell into a deep depression. Tony quit his job as both a gym teacher & freelance writer, using his grief as motivation to go to the police academy. Now, he was a narcotics officer, with a drug addict son right under his nose.

At the summer kickoff party, Leilani finally saw him. She saw him & her eyes were glowing with the sexiest shade of red & gray (Anger & fear) that Alex had ever seen. He knew in his heart & soul that she felt their connection. Until the ginger came along. AJ had been buying his coke from Fezco for about a year and a half by then. He knew there were other plugs in town but none that knew Leilani like Fez did. The plus was that he had good shit too. When Fezco's knuckles connected with his jaw & Leilani didn't help him, the obsession suddenly shifted, before everything went black. How could she not help him? He loved her & she just watched him get beaten bloody. After everything he did for her, telling her she was beautiful every day until she blocked him out of affection overload. He'd give her 24 hours to cool down before starting up again. She liked it, right? How could a woman not like being told obsessively about how stunning she is?

Nobody helped him after the fight. He just laid there, being stepped on and kicked out of the way. Even when he woke up from being unconscious, his broken heart wouldn't allow him to move. Leilani broke his heart. All women were selfish creatures with nothing but ill intentions. His mother being the ringleader of the group. When the party thrower decided that it was time for everyone to get out, he threw Alex outside with a beer to put on one of his many wounds & shouted,

"Who the fuck even invited you anyways? I should beat your ass a second time just for coming around here." He was seen. Nothing else had the aggressive man's attention but Alex standing outside bloody & bruised. He. Was. Seen. If only Leilani would've seen him.

Driving home, barely awake, Alex Jones felt more empowered than ever. Ideas flooded his sick twisted mind on how he would destroy Leilani so badly that she would finally know him. He found on social media that women liked men who were cruel to them & possessive. Men who would ruin other men if they even thought about looking at their girl. He had to ruin Fez & take his place as Leilani's. In the process, he'd have to destroy Lei. Punishing her for not seeing him. Then maybe, she'd realize the lengths that he would go for her affection.

For, her <3

Step one: