Twenty

Iraq

Sprite had concealed them, made them seem invisible as they walked closer to the sight where people had set up camp, investigating the odd remains, shapes traced into the earth and symbols that couldn't even begin to break down. Druig had taken care of them easily enough, his eyes glowing golden as he took of his sunglasses to mind control the people away.

Sprite let her hand drop and they emerged now once more visible. It was hot in Iraq but Ira hadn't needed to change, he had only switched out his outfit for a similar one than before having found comfort it the material it offered. Beside him, Druig was in his leather jacket and dark glasses which made Ira stop to gawk for a moment as he took in the sight of the man wondering just how much heat he could take. But the again— they were Eternals and were by no means even remotely human.

Ira stalked forward as Phastos pressed his palms together and then apart to reveal a golden hologram of the Dono in his palm. He looked forward as the ground started to shake and quiver, a shape rising to the surface. Behind them, Karun- who had found yet another camera, recorded the emergence with awe. "The Domo." He said quietly, more to himself than to anyone else. "Wow."

Ira just laughed, simply glad to see the closest thing he could consider home before his very eyes after all of these years. Karun trailed after the Eternals like a lost puppy as they made their way into the ship and down the darkened halls.

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air." Kingo whispered ambiguously as he tracked forward, the cameras face pointed towards him. "An eerie stillness chokes our lungs." Ira rolled his eyes and wondered why Kingo didn't go on to be a novelist with his highly compelling yet highly unnecessary words.

"What are you doing?" Phastos asked, unamused. "You know you're creeping us out. You know that, right?" Something burst and Phastos was the only one to react. "Oh!" He cried, stepping away like the floor he was just occupying was lava. "Stay calm, please!" He laughed at the stillness that followed and bent down to pick up a discarded bag of chips. "Chips. Ira just chips."

Kingo turned back to the camera. "As you can see being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions." Behind him, Ira scoffed though it sounded more like a laugh. "-such as cowardice." Kingo finished, his face of amusement falling off as he looked past the camera pointed at his face.

The Eternals slowed to a stop ad they took in the sight of one of the main rooms of the Domo. Ira giving out a low whistle as he took in the sight of the messy place. Books were stacked, snacks were littered, lamps were lit, and random pieces of furtinture with various objects on top of them were scattered around the spot. And in the middle of it all: Makkari, sitting on a throne as she smirked.

"What has she done? Is that- a sarcophagus in my lab?" Phastos exclaimed as he took in the sight of what was once clean and pristine.

"This is Makkari. Or should I say Miss Havisham. None of us have seen her for centuries." Kingo introduced her to Karun.

'Ready to go home?' She signed, closing the book she had been speedily reading through and placing it on her lap.

Ira bit his lip at the woman's hopeful expression and frowned in time with Makkari as she realized that they were not indeed headed home.

Everyone dispersed, going around the room to unveil hidden artifacts. Ira had found an old staff that he mindlessly twirled in his hands, memories of when he would fight train with a Sprite or Druig now fresh in his mind. He smiled at the simpler times, at the nostalgia the movements of the staff made him feel.

Ira stopped spinning the staff and held it by his side as he walked over to Kingo and Makkari. 'So you're telling me I've been waiting for centuries to go back to Olympia, and now you're telling me... it doesn't exist?'