Chapter 1

Mace's pov  (not Mace Windu)

"Master Yoda, you summoned me?" I asked as I walked into the high council's chambers "I did, new master you will receive," Master Yoda stated. I nodded and bowed, "who am I getting?" I asked "Kenobi, your master will be," Master Yoda said "go, you may, in the archives he is," he added and I left.

"Master Kenobi, it's an honour to meet you," I said as I went up to my new master "hello there, I take it you're my new padawan," he replied "indeed," I stated. "Come with me, you will duel Skywalker's padawan to test both of your skills," Master Kenobi said "yes Master," I replied.

We walked to the training sector of the temple and I soon spotted a togaru girl and Skywalker. "I take it she's the person I'm duelling?" I asked "yes, she's a challenge so don't underestimate her," Master Kenobi said "well I'm a- Ahsoka?" I asked when she turned to me "Mace?" She replied and we hugged "it's good to see you again," I said and could sense their confusion "we were in the same class when we were younglings, we were best friends," Ahsoka explained "what do you mean 'were'? I thought we were always best friends," I replied. I heard her accidentally let out a quiet giggle which she was obviously embarrassed by. "So are you two gonna duel or are you gonna continue flirting?" Skywalker asked "duel," Ahsoka said and we put the attachments on our lightsabers.

We got in position and activated our lightsabers. Me having two purple bladed sabers and her having two blue. "First to get a single hit wins and you can both use force abilities, go!" Skywalker announced and we began.

I instantly recognised Ahsoka was using the 5th form while I used the 7th. Being the son of a jedi and a Sith I have to do my best to keep my dark side abilities down although I can't always control the ol' Sith eyes. I could sense Ahsoka's surprise as she saw them when I got her onto a knee, we were in a saber lock and I gave her a little wink which distracted her for long enough for me to quickly hit my saber onto her thigh which put her into the fall. My eyes went back to normal and I helped her up, "you okay?" I asked "yeah I'm fine, why-" "well done to both of you, it appears that Mace is slightly better but for the most part you're both skilled," Master Kenobi said and we both bowed.

Ahsoka and I left the training sector and made our way to the food hall. "What was up with your eyes?" She asked "what- what are you- what are you talking about?" I asked stuttering "your eyes turned to yellow with a red rim, please tell me what happened, I promise I won't judge," Ahsoka said "fine... did you know that when a dark side user channels their hatred and anger their eyes change?" I replied "yo- you're a Sith?" "No, but my father is, and the Sith eyes come just as natural as breathing to me. I can't always control it," I explained. I felt a hand be put on my shoulder and saw it was Ahsoka's, I smiled at my friend and tried to keep walking but noticed my mother walking over. I froze up and Ahsoka noticed, "who's that?" She whispered "my- my mom, she's a jedi master," I replied. "Hey Mom, how-" "how many times have I told you not to tell me that in public? I am a jedi master you cannot go around exclaiming that I have attachments," she interrupted, I looked at the ground and felt tears beginning to form. I sensed her walk off as I felt arms wrap around me, I looked and Ahsoka was the one hugging me. "Thanks," I whispered as I hugged back.

When we pulled away from each other we continued walking. When we got to the food hall we got our trays and went to a free table. "Why was your mom acting like that?" Ahsoka asked "she's always been like that, I know she loves me really," I said without really answering the question.