CHAPTER I

Walking along the shore of Han River at night with your favorite music as background, while you enjoy the pleasant fall, the one that forces you to dress warm clothes due to the exquisite winds of the season, has no price. At least to Elizabeth Grace Maslow, an extrovert 21-year-old girl from Arts school. She is a clever girl with good behavior, sports, and life lover. She has a wide circle of friends that nobody would be surprised since she has a great personality that could catch whoever.

While Elizabeth was thinking about her day near Han River -that helps her with art works and to create stories-, received a call from her best friend and did not hesitate to answer.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Why do you always know I call you for something important?"

"Because every time you call me at this time is due to that. You already know that I won't answer any calls unless it's important"

"... Yeah, good point" -she laughed- "whatever. This is extremely important. IT IS an emergency. Do you remember Ethan? Ethan Knight?"

Elizabeth's skin bristled. She was able to remember that person perfectly because he had been her first love since adolescence, and he still was today, although she never had the opportunity to tell him.

"Yes. I- I- I remember him" -Stutter- "Why do you ask?"

"Well... he is back to the city"

She got shocked with what her best friend said and covered her mouth with her free hand. Ethan Knight was back!? Unbelievable to her. Tons of memories about him came back, particularly that moment where she saw him one last time, five years ago. She remembered that moment as if it would have happened a couple of hours ago.

Her memory started playing that moment.

"Hey Ethan!"

He stopped, saw back, and smiled warmly over to Elizabeth.

"Yes?"

Eli's hands started to sweat due to the nervousness whiles she was walking to Ethan. Would she have the courage to tell him the truth?

"Mhmm well, the- the thing is... what I want to- "

"Hey, Maslow and Knight, why are you both here and not in your classes?"

She got interrupted by their physics' professor who was coming to them. She couldn't avoid cursing him in her mind at that moment. She was about to tell Ethan everything, but their professor cut her wings. Afterwards, she felt bad for cursing him.

"We are on our way Mr. Jones" - Ethan replied gently-

"You'll get in troubles if you both don't go right now"

Both guys saw each other, and Ethan smiled. Elizabeth saw him smiled frequently lately and she liked that.

"Let's go. You can tell me later, ok?"

She nodded at his suggestion and smiled back to him. Then, both went back to their classes.

Time passed by that day. Elizabeth couldn't tell Ethan anything about her feelings, maybe it was the best way to keep their friendship... maybe the fate was doing her a favor.

They were in the last class. Nala, Elizabeth's best friend, told Ms. Kim that her friend was not feeling good, thus, she was taking a rest in the infirmary although it was all a lie. The professor believed her and continued the class. Eli was with Ethan who was carrying his backpack, apparently, he would leave the school earlier. This time they would make sure to not be caught by any professors.

"Eli, look, before you tell me what you want to... I have to tell you something important first"

Eli did nothing but agreed. However, she was complaining internally, pointing out how difficult was to have the courage again to talk about her feelings.