CHAPTER II

It was Wednesday. Grace's class would start in 30 minutes, so she had time to relax a little bit. She decided to go to the green zone of the campus for a while. Went directly under a tree and sat there, being protected from the sun by the tree's shadow. She put her earphones on and closed her eyes to try to sleep with classical music as background.

However, she got distracted, it was an exquisite aroma, something that any women would fall for, man's lotion. She removed her earphones and opened her eyes to look up. She was shocked.

'OH MY GOD!'

She saw it and didn't believe it, was it real? Ethan Knight at her university? In front of her, smiling!? WITH A GIFT ON HIS HANDS!?

"Will I die today by any chance?"

Ethan saw her confused and laughed. Eli's face turned red because she didn't realize she thought out loud.

"I hope you don't die today"

"What a shame, I'm sorry" -covered her face with her book but he took it, action that surprised Grace-

"I see you still like romance books"

'Should I run away or fake I'm dead?'. Elizabeth didn't even know what to think and how to face this situation. The guy she was in love with was in front of her after five years!

Her throat got knotted and was impossible to speak. She wanted to ask him so many questions, but she just couldn't express. Eli wished to run to his arms and hug him and say how much she missed him, but it was so impossible.

"Hey Maslow, do you plan to let your friend standing in front of you and waiting for your hug?"

She got a but surprised. 'Friend, that sounds cute from you. I wonder if we reach that level'

Both smiled. She got enchanted again after seeing his smile one more time. Eli stood up and got close to him, she could feel his lotion more and could fall into his arms just because of that.

Ethan hugged her. The world stopped to her. Again, she felt that tingling sensation in her stomach, the one that no one but him could ever provoke in her. Her hands were starting to sweat, which incredibly didn't happen to her after the last time she spoke to him; her smile was inevitable, she couldn't think of anything but that moment, something she regarded as "the exact point of happiness". But that wouldn't last forever. It was time to go back to reality.

"It's really amazing to see you again, especially here"

"I know, your mother told me that here I could find you"

"But what are you doing here?"

"I'm here because of you. I wanted to see you" -smiled--

Grace couldn't answer that and just wanted to cry, but she had to be strong. She felt that her chest would collapse from so many mixed feelings at the same time.

"To me?"

"Yeah. Oh! I almost forget it. This is for you. Open it when you are in your house, ok? I would be embarrassed if you didn't like it" -he laughed and she smiled back, loving those little details from him, something that characterized him-

"Thank you very much... Would you like to take a seat with me?"

"Sure, that would be nice"

They took a seat under the tree, side by side and began to talk, she with some degree of discomfort, felt that would get a heart attack at any time. Everything was going well until Ethan asked something she didn't expect. But she must have done it, because she had asked about Ethan's girlfriend, which he answered and claimed that he was done with her long ago.