Chapter 3

Author's note: So, a few disclaimers. I don't have a name for Adam's mother, so she'll just be called...well, Adam's mother. Also, I'm saying that Blake is married to Yang in this story, which is why she'll say wife and not husband later on. Anyways, enough talking from me. Enjoy reading.

(Narrator): Somewhere in Vacuo, Adam Taurus could be seen, training in a patch of ancient ruins with his young cousin, Sienna Khan. Adam was training his cousin to be a warrior, as she had always dreamed of becoming a great warrior like her older cousin. Soon though, both would be joined be the daughter of King Ghira.

3rd person POV.

Adam and Sienna were sparring with each other, though the use of wooden swords, after they had made a quick sprint up a mountain top with shields and weapons, before returning to their small campsite at the group of ruins.

Adam and Sienna were fighting up the stairway, Sienna went for an overhead swing, Adam narrowly avoids the strike. Sienna rushes up the other stairs, before moving off to the side of what was once possibly a doorway, with Adam following. Adam was massaging his back with the wooden blade, awaiting his cousin's next strike.

Sienna rushed to attack, but Adam parry's and goes for a thrust, with Sienna blocking, "Never hesitate." Adam said. Sienna looks at their training swords, then at her cousin, before going to strike, but is pushed into a rock by Adam.

She jumps away from the stone, and rushes away from Adam, with him following. But as the two were having a little fun training together, a group of soldiers for the Kingdom of Ithaca were making their way to the duo.

But they continued sparring, as Sienna went with another quick swing. Adam ducks down, and brushes away one more strike aimed at his feet. He raises his sword and blocked another thrust from Sienna, "Nervous?" The female said, smiling.

She went for another down swing, followed by an upward swing, which Adam counters and grabs his cousins sword hand, and throws her against another rock, "Petrified!" Adam smiles to her, before letting go of Sienna's hand.

Sienna goes for a thrust at Adam's head, with Adam avoiding the blow, then another as Sienna swings her sword down. Adam switches hands with his sword and brings it up to Sienna's neck, with Sienna still smiling.

"You told me never to change sword hands!" She said, confidently. She ducked down and delivered another thrust at her cousin, who moved back to meet the trust with his own training sword.

"Yes. When you first know how to use it, you won't be taking my orders." Adam answered, as his blocked more of his cousin's strikes, before bringing it down to the stone ground and kicking it away.

Then he heard the sound of horses neighing in the distance. His smile brightened as he already knew who was here to see him. He kicked up one of the spears he and Sienna had brought, and threw it at a tree that the riders were about to pass, startling them as they rode past.

The rider at the front of the group rolled her eyes while smiling, then dismounted her horse and removed the spear from the tree while giggling to herself. This woman was the cunning Queen Blake Belladonna, Queen of Ithaca.

She made her way up to the pair of cousins, smiling the whole way, "Your reputation for hospitality is fast becoming legend!" The Queen said, humorously as she took off her helmet, then tossed the spear back over to Adam.

Adam caught the weapon, tossed it to the ground, then brought Sienna up to Blake with his wooden sword behind her back, "Sienna. My cousin. Blake Belladonna. Queen of Ithaca." Adam smiled at his rough play with his cousin, then let go of her.