Chapter 43/The Phone call scene

Original Tw: Mention of suicide, suicide ideation, drinking, fighting, mention of razor, abuse

Tw for this chapter: Suicide ideation, mention of suicide

Out of the corner of his eye he saw that Tubbo's phone was buzzing, but respected Tubbo's privacy and didn't see who it was. He didn't want to invade unless he had to, and since Tubbo was in his room in the moment he didn't need to invade.

Not like Tubbo would have picked up if he brought the phone up to him anyway.

Moments later he felt his own phone in his pocket buzzing. He pulled it out and saw the caller, Tommy. Why was Tommy calling now?

Wasn't Tommy at home with the others? There couldn't be anything wrong if he was at their house right? He was probably trying to talk to Tubbo, which Ranboo couldn't even do in this moment.

Ranboo knew that he should probably answer, but his brain was too tired, and he couldn't focus on what Tommy was going to have to say. So Ranboo let the phone keep ringing.

~~~

Tommy sat on the bridge, sobbing harder and harder as the phone just kept ringing. Why did it keep ringing

Did they hate him now? He knew Tubbo was mad at him, he knew that Tubbo probably wanted to never see or talk to him again, but Tommy needed someone.

He needed someone who wasn't his family. He needed someone who wouldn't just be mad at him.

He knew that his family wouldn't be mad at him, they would just be disappointed, but in his mind it was the same thing.

Tommy sobbed harder and harder as he sat down against the railing, willing, convincing himself not to jump over the edge. At least then people would notice how much he's hurting.

No, no I said I wasn't going to kill myself

Tommy thought. His brain was telling him no but his body was telling him yes.

If he died then he wouldn't be a traumatized kid, he wouldn't be a ruined broken shell of a person, he wouldn't be covered in scars.

He wouldn't be a burden anymore.

But he's scared to die.

He was scared of leaving the only safety he's ever felt behind.

So he was just going to keep calling. And calling and calling and calling and calling until he gets an answer. He needed them to pick up, he needed Tubbo or Ranboo.

He didn't trust anyone else to pick up the phone and be able to convince him to stay alive like he desperately needed right now.

Tommy picked up his phone again.

"Tommy, what do you need man? You've called like 5 times" Ranboo's tone was hard to understand. Tommy couldn't tell if he was angry or not and for a moment he thought about just hanging up.

"Ranboo." Tommy sobbed, well half whined half sobbed, into the phone.

"Tommy? What's going on?" Ranboo questioned quickly and that only made Tommy want to sob harder. Tommy tried to inhale but choked on his own breath.

"Where's Tubbo?" Tommy managed to get out. He loved Ranboo but Tubbo always felt better in these situiations. Maybe because despite the hatred of it, Tubbo was just really good at saving people.

Tommy needed to be saved before he decided to throw himself over the side of this bridge.

"Tubbo? He's upstairs. Tommy what's happening? Are you home?" Ranboo questioned and Tommy tried to ignore the panic in Ranboo's voice. He didn't need to be freaking out about this right now, but Tommy was making him panic.