Picture

Ushikage

Summary: jealousy isn't a pretty thing. Unless it's wearing lingerie and is Kageyama Tobio. Then it is the prettiest thing ever

Kageyama Tobio is not a jealous man. Now some might try to counter that and say he's an angry man. 

Does he get angry? Sure, everyone does! Even Hitoka-san looked like she was ready to murder someone at one point in her life. Tadashi has legitimately taken out a knife when Kei was being too much of an asshole and Sugawara-san was a completely different thing altogether. 

So Tobio is angry. Not jealous, thank you very much Kourai-san. 

However, sometimes he can't help but feel the ugly monster of jealousy trying to break through and show its hideous self. 

Such an instance in when the Alders had all decided to go out and get a drink together to celebrate a fabulous win. 

Now, what happens when you give a bunch of adult men alcohol? Shot goes down. Or more precisely, the gremlins of the team decide to fuck around and start shit. 

“So, Wakatoshi-kun!” said Kourai-san, the tone in his voice already spelling trouble. 

“We just wanted your input on a little something - something.” said Heiwajima-san. 

If not for the influence of Alcohol Wakatoshi might have been a bit more on guard but due to being slightly tipsy Wakatoshi’s caution was long gone. 

“Of course.” he said, always so polite that Tobio kinda just wanted to go home to see him be the beast he truly is later.

“We just wanted to see if you thought that this girl looked pretty.” Tobio snapped to attention slightly, turning to state at what Toshi would say. 

It seemed he wasn't the only one either, seeing how the entire team turned around to look at what Toshi would say. 

Wakatoshi looked at the picture for a few seconds before declaring “She is quite pretty.”

Tobio felt his heart break at his boyfriend's declaration. 

Now, logically he knew that this was the smartest thing for Toshi to say. After all, those two still haven't announced their relationship and Tobio hasn't even come out yet. Not even Hinata knew he was gay.

However, knowing that his boyfriend thought someone other than him was attractive in his boyfriend's eyes made something deep within him boil. 

Suddenly, an idea popped into his mind and it was without a doubt the stupidest thing he had ever thought of if he was sober but in his drunken jealous state it was the best idea he could ever think of. 

Not even bothering to inform his team, he stealthily managed to get away from the table and out of the bar without them noticing, all their attention focused on Toshi. 

However, if he had bothered to stay behind instead of exacting his stupid revenge then he would have seen that the girl on the phone looked exactly like him if he was a girl and that Toshi had finished off with “But I would not date her.”.

Maybe if he had his stupidity could have taken a rain-check. 

~~~

He was a six foot tall man. He brought fear to grown ass adults. He has faced Miwa’s glare head on. He spent the first year of his middle school life humiliating himself and asking Oikawa-san for tosses and spent his final year ruling over people. He has called the second best ace average to his face. 

Yet standing in front of a lingerie shop makes all of that pale in comparison. 

Deciding it was now or never and it was better to get this over with, lest someone spot him and cause a scene, he quickly entered the shop and his face increased in the shade ‘tomato’ quite rapidly.