37

"This juice. Drink it. It's good for your throat." You keep the water bottle and are about walk away from there not wanting to have any further communications with Ji Eun.

However, your legs don't support you. You are still sitting there staring at the ground either having too many thoughts or absolutely none. 

Well, it's the former option. 

You never got the peace in your head you always wished for. Someone told you that just talking it straight helps it better. So maybe, after years you are finally going to muster up that courage and frame your thoughts into words. 

"Speak up. What is it?"

Your head snaps towards the familiar voice. Staring into her eyes, the moments you have had with her flashes right in front of your eyes. 

Memories can either be your best friends or the worst of your enemies. 

Even today, she knows what's in your mind. She is aware of your body language and your brain.

You suck in a sharp breathe and tilt your head staring at her. 

"I was wondering what actually happened back then. Why is there so much hate between us? Why are you acting like a fucking bitch when you are not one? Was it me or was it all you?" She shoots you a literal glare but there's a smile on her face. A bitter one. 

"Y/n, even after years, after everything happened to you, you shouldn't be too nice. Hell, you shouldn't be nice at all. I have always tried to find what's good in you and not in me." She lets out an amusing chuckle. "I got my answer." She leans closer to you whispering in your ears. "You're too soft. I am not." She leans back tapping her fingers on the chair.

Few minutes pass by with the two of you having hateful glares towards each other. 

You clench your fist stomping away from there.

One straight answer. 

You didn't wish for anything more than that. 

Sometimes you want to have one to one talk with her, clear out everything, and if not friends at least not be enemies with her. 

"Sort it out after the annual program." You turn around startled with his sudden appearance. Not wanting to talk to him about your matters, you decide to change the topic readily.

"We didn't even finish the event and everyone is already planning the after party." He chuckles taking a step ahead to stand beside you. 

"They are excited." He snorts before the atmosphere filled with silence.

You both were standing in the corridor near the railing inhaling the fresh air.

The weather is nice today. There's no sun but it's bright as ever. The cold breeze blowing making your and his hair flow.

There was a comfortable silence between you both.

Suddenly, you turned around facing him. He looked at you with a raised brow waiting for you to speak if you want to.

But you didn't say anything. You just stared at him.

"Wha-" You hugged him cutting him off. His hands were in his pocket as he stood there frozen. It was same as once he hugged you before. In his house.

Or maybe this was different.

You could hear his heart pounding against his chest. He didn't hug you back. He was astonished just like you were.

Of course, you both were never on as good terms that you could hug each other.

And now every time you do, there's a moment of realization to process the change.

The lovely change.

He pulls out his hands hugging you back. He soothingly rubs your back.

This is the moment where you want to confess your feelings to him.

You agree you love him. You found him at your lowest. Unknowingly he helped you a lot. To be honest, you never hated him. Maybe, it was just a cover for you to hide your love because you thought he hates you.

Now you know, even he doesn't hates you. You both always loved to anger each other.

The fire that rises when you both are angry is infuriating, thrilling, interesting and exciting.

"Jungkook..." He hums in response. You are bold. Truly bold but here you don't have a bit of courage.

It's truly difficult to tell him that you love him. You're afraid of the consequences.

What if he says, he doesn't love you?

What if you end up never talking to him?

What if he leaves you?

You can afford to have him hate you but you can't have him to leave you.

The thought alone send chills to your bones. Having him in front of your eyes is more than enough.

So, once again ignoring the call of your heart and listening to the shouting voice of your head you decide to stay silent.

As if he has read your mind, he doesn't ask what you wanted to say. He's waiting for you to tell him.

The peaceful atmosphere is being interrupted when his phone rings.

He's cursing mentally. He takes a glance at you. You're already staring at him still hugging.

"I'll just..." You nod your head as he slides his hands inside his pocket pulling out his phone.

That's his not so very dear friend disturbing him at such a lovely moment.

"Yes, Tae?" He speaks through gritted teeth sounding a bit angry. "What yes? Mr. Jeon Jungkook, we are going on the stage in 20 and there's no sign of you." His friend is annoyed. He can understand by his tone.

"I'm coming" He's about to hang up when Taehyung speaks again. "And do you know where's y/n?" He pauses for a moment looking at you.

"Um... Yeah. She... She is with me." His friend is panicking now. They both can't have a fight right before their song and ruin their performance.

"Listen Jungkook. Come here fast and I pray. Please don't fight." Jungkook frowns staring at his phone weirdly as if he can see his friend's face through it. 

"Yeah. We are coming. And we are not kids. We don't fight always." Before Taehyung can laugh at his statement he hangs up the call.

"Let's go." You nod your head walking with him.

He is suddenly reminded that a minutes ago you were about to tell him something but you didn't. He's curious to know but he doesn't ask.

Soon when you both are near the door, you can hear noises which are fumbled because of the metal door.

You furrow your brows looking at Jungkook confused. He's giving you the same look.

"God. No troubles please." You both mumble together before walking inside.

Oh, what's that? That's trouble waiting for you.

You can hear some coughs. "What happened?" You make your way through the crowd and see Ji Eun coughing.

You spot Jennie beside her as Taehyung comes rushing from some corner with a glass of water in his hands.

"Jennie, what happened?" You ask tapping her shoulders while Jungkook is kneeling down in front of her trying to calm her down.

"I don't know. She suddenly started coughing and now she can't speak anything." Your eyes widen listening to that.

"What? How? How will she sing now?"