trouble I (smuggler!ben)

Summary: Ben's supposed to be a smuggler, right? That means giving you the shipments that he promises, not putting you in a life-threatening situation.

You clench your teeth, looking at the time. He's late. He's never late. In the five years that you and Solo have been doing business together, he's always been on time.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," you mumble to BB-3, dismissing its defeated beeps as you sit on the bridge of your ship.

In five years, you've always met at the same place. But he's nowhere to be seen.

Grunting, you turn to head back into your ship. Grabbing the comms, you search for the Falcon, holding the headset up to your ear.

"Ben! Where the hell are you?!" You shout to him, frowning at the static you hear, "stop messing around!"

From inside the Falcon, Ben lets out a loud sigh, "Great just what I need right now!" He shakes his head, looking at the small fighter ships following him. Chewie roars, telling him to answer you. Ben sighs, grabbing the headset, "Listen, Princess," he begins, frowning as the Falcon jolts from being shot at, "I don't mess around."

You roll your eyes, biting the inside of your cheek in frustration, "You're late!"

Ben lets out a small laugh, "There are worse things than being late!"

Tired of his shenanigans, you hold your head in your hand, "Like what? Being killed by your client for not delivering, like I will be if you're late!"

"No!" Ben shouts back at you, the shitty connection making his voice hurt your ears, "Like being shot at by three tie fighters!"

"Tie fighters! What?" You exclaim, eyes wide, "Ben, what have you gotten yourself into?!"

Chewie roars, punching in buttons as he tells Ben they're heading into hyperspace. "Punch it, Chewie!" Ben nods, hoping his father's dice really do bring them luck. Ben holds the wheel steady, his shoulder pressing the earpiece closer to his mouth, "It's not my fault, okay? Just be ready!" He announces before dropping out.

"For what?!" You shout to the void, not getting a reply. A loud noise rips the sky apart, and you look outside the front window. The Falcon comes out of hyperspace, followed by smaller ships on its tail. "Shit!" Turning to BB-3, you crouch down slightly to speak to him, "Send a transmission to Captain Solo, give him our location, tell him his son has done it again."

BB-3 watches you run outside the ship, gun and saber in hand before it does its job. Looking into the sky, you eye the Falcon attempting to land beside your ship. Aiming your blaster at the ship that continues firing at Ben, you hold your breath and fire rapidly at it. As it focuses its attention on you, you can see its weapons firing up.

"Shit." You whisper again, breaking out into a sprint as it's fire follows behind you closely. In its distraction, the Falcon is able to land. You skid into its ramp, nearly colliding with Ben who rushes out. He holds your arms, looking to you, "I'm here! I'm here!" He exclaims, taking a deep breath. When he sees your angry expression, he lets go of you and takes a step back, "What the hell have you done?" You ask him through clenched teeth.

"Nothing!" He presses, reaching into his pocket and fiddling around to find something.

"Where's Chewie?" You frown.

Ben finds what he's looking for and pushes it to you, clasping your hands around it, "Just don't let them get this."

You look down at the red hard drive, "Stars, Ben," you mumble, "What is this?"

"It's serious. It's deathly serious." Ben admits, his eyes wide as he stares into your eyes, "Don't let anyone get their hands on it."

Upon instinct, you and Ben both grab your sabers, giving each other a glance before turning to the unwanted guests.