Saturday Morning

Waking up with a smile on my face due to the fact that I had the luxury of sleeping in, I've decided to take a jog around my neighborhood instead.

During my jog, I watched the sun arise and bring birth to my shadow on the sidewalk as I exercised.

On my way back to my house, you've guessed it; Tia was jogging, too.

"Good morning, neighbor" Tia greeted jogging up next to me.

"Good morning, Tia how are you?" I greeted back killing her with kindness.

"I am great now that I'm jogging next to you. How are you?" Tia asked.

I jogged faster, but Tia tried to keep up with me.

"Ah, don't run away from me so fast. I just want to talk to you that's all" Tia said trying to sound sincere.

"Okay, let's talk. What do you want to talk about?" Tia stopped jogging and tried to stop me from doing the same.

"I want to talk about us" Tia mentioned.

I laughed, "That's not a conversation because there is no us, Tia"

"Ah, Kandi there still is. Why you gotta act like that? I see you walking around looking like a grouch and shit. Clearly you miss me" Tia said sounding arrogant.

I laughed harder, "Ah, Tia you are so..." I smiled.

Tia begun to smile as I caressed her face.

"Full of shit" I've added.

Tia stopped smiling.

"Okay, you're right. You know I can talk out of my ass at times, but I want to make amends" she expressed.

"How?"

"Tonight, I am having a get together due to a promotion I just got at work. I got partner at the firm"

I smiled, "That's great. Congratulations!" I wished sincerely.

Tia is a lawyer.

She grinned, "Thank you, but I want you to accompany me tonight. You've been there through thick and thin, so will I see you there?"

Playing devil's advocate with myself, I wanted to say no, but I was truly proud of her because I knew what she had went through to be partner at the law firm she works for.

"You know you want to say yes, Kandi. Come on, girl" Tia tried to persuade.

"I have a prior engagement tonight, but what time is it?" I asked.

"7:30 tonight"

"I may stop by after" I've stated.

"I hope you do" Tia smiled.

"Please, kill your charm. That doesn't work anymore" I said.

Tia laughed, "This is not me trying to charm you, but me showing you a hint that I really want you to partake in this celebration"

"Okay, Tia. I'll think about it. Have a good day" I said jogging away from her.

We all know, I don't have shit going on tonight.

...but she doesn't have to know that.