Part I

You ran down the hotel hall, frantically looking for the sign-in table. The swirling, red, and gold carpet was a little hard to run on with heels, but you seemed to manage since you were only thirty minutes late to check-in. You turn the corner, and your nerves settle for a moment as you see a table with a navy table cloth on it.

There are blue and white balloons tied to each side, along with a massive welcome banner hanging behind the table. You slowed down and stood in the short check-in line. You stepped up and smiled at the woman sitting at the table. She has green hair with an orange bandana on. She twirls a pen in her hand, her yellow gloves popping against the dark table.

"Hi! Name, honey?" She smiles sweetly.

"My name is Y/N L/N. I'm a teacher's assistant," you smile.

She nods and checks the list. "Oh, perfect! Found ya!" she smiles. She crosses your name off and writes it down on a name tag, putting a cute yellow smiley face sticker on it. She peels it from the form and hands it to you. "Go on inside. Take a map, so you know where certain schools are. Don't forget, if you don't find anyone today, you still have two more days," she smiles cheerfully.

"Thank you," you smile and take the pamphlet before walking inside.

Your eyes widen, and you feel your body heat with anxiety as you look around the massive ballroom. There were over a hundred schools here, each of them looking for new teachers and assistants. This convention was something schools looked forward to every two years. Schools from all over would join together, sharing ideas for bettering education, dorm life, and security for students. It started with only fifty schools, but it continued to grow with more schools facing their own oddities.

You walked around, trying to get your thoughts organized. You had three top schools that you wanted to try to get into. Knowing the reputation of these schools, they would probably be filled by the end of day one. You slowly walk around, looking at the map in your hand, matching the numbers to the school name. You hit what feels like a brick wall, dropping your map. A bright orange book lands on top of it, and you quickly kneel to grab both.

"I'm so sorry," a calm, deep voice says.

"No worries," you say with a smile.

You stand up, holding the book and your map. You feel your chest tighten as you hand the book back to the man in front of you. He has on dark blue pants, a dark blue long sleeve shirt, and a forest green vest with multiple utility pockets on it. The lower half of his face is covered with a mask, and he has on a headband with a leaf symbol carved in the center of the metal plate. His hair is salt and pepper white, almost looking a bit grey.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you," you nod.

"My apologies. Excuse me, I'm late," he mumbles before walking away, his pace not rushed for being late to something.

You keep walking and see one of the schools on the list. U.A. High School. You walk over and smile, seeing a few other assistants talking to some of the staff. A tall man with blonde hair and sunglasses talked to a few people, a bright and excited smile on his face.

"Did you have a question?" a soft voice asks.

You glance over and see a man standing by the table. He has on all black, with a grey scarf wrapped around his neck. His hair is long and black, flowing around his face and casting an ebony shadow around him. Sitting on his shoulder, tucked into his scarf, is a mouse... or bear... or rat. Frankly, you aren't sure what it is, but it has on a three-piece suit and cute little brown boots.

"Yes! Are you looking for new teachers' assistants?" you smile.

"Yes, we are! My name is Principal Nedzu! And you are?" the bear mouse says happily.