7

If this were a movie me and peter would be orphans in horrible home right now after letting mother die alone, but we are not in a movie me and Pete got her into a hospital and on machines and breathing tubes it's been only a few days and I clung to Gwen desperately as if she would disappear at any moment. I was truly grateful for her I didn't cry on her shoulder I did my crying in my bedroom alone I just held onto her tight no sign of letting go. She understood I needed her, she understood the assignment.

As for dusty he became apart of a trio (me Gwen and dusty) Gwen was quite fond of the year 7 brunette hair blue eyed boy she often joked about us three being a little family, me and Gwen being the parents and dusty being our adopted child, despite the growing butterflies in my stomach and the obviously red face I get when she says it I laugh it off and sometimes play along with it by making missy noises or playfully grabbing dusty's "chubby" cheeks like a mother usually would or MY mother anyway. I can't say I don't see the way Gwen looks at me in class or the slight smirks and snide remarks about dating a girl whenever we're together cause I do I just haven't spoke to her about it yet with everything going on.

As for peter he speaks to me now, but only little small talk when we are in the hospital visiting may nothing big, I moved away from him in every class I used to sit next to him because I wasn't going to put up with his dirty looks and tiny comments that stab me right in the heart and hurt like hell, so now in science, math, English and sociology I sit with Gwen as I do in any other class now such as childcare, history and health and social care. Gwen and I didn't even realise we had taken the same subjects until yesterday when we switched timetables by accident. Dusty however hates being year 7 says he doesn't get to see us enough and his mother doesn't allow him out after school until he turns 15, the boy says he was lucky enough the day he met me which had me thinking he was our year but apparently he had a detention in my class for the entire day because of "back chat" towards his English teacher. I agree with the boy I'm glad he got an all day detention without that we wouldn't of met or became friends.

I was sitting on our lunch bench when suddenly a sandwich gets shoved in my face I look up and see Gwen holding it out to me,
"You need to eat.."
I sigh and take it gratefully I look around her to see dusty holding a sugar donut shyly I smile to reassure him it's okay to ask me, he smiles back,
"I also got you this for after your sandwich"
I smiled and hug the boy he giggles his little boy laugh and sits down beside me,
I open the sandwich,
"Tuna? Again?"
Gwen laughs and sits down the other side of me,
"It's your favourite"
I smile and look down at it,
"Yes but I like other filling too!"
I look at her calmly,
"...thank you"
She replies with a smile and eats her own lunch, I gobble down the Sandwich I do love tuna! I look over to dusty he sweetly hands me the donut I split it and give the bigger half back to him with a slight nod, he replies with a grin eyes squeezed together in excitement his blue eyes glittering with joy, nose cutely scrunched up like a small ball.

For February it was nice and warm today the sun was lit up making gwens blonde hair even brighter and dusty's freckles show a little more over his cheek bones and the bridge of his nose, I hear a sigh come from over a little way from us it was peter he looked at me was that jealousy in his eyes? Is he jealous? Because I have two great friends and he has one? Harry was his best friend since kindergarten but somehow he was always jealous of how fast I could make friends, I knew he didn't like I was friends with a young year seven because it was "weird" and "strange" I also knew he had a slight crush on Gwen since year 9 but never said anything for my sake but now he hates me he showed he hated everything I did or said everyone I was speaking to or near and Gwen just so happened to be one of those people,
I glared at him stuck my middle finger up at him,
"What'd you want?"
He quickly looked away and sat somewhere else. Good.

Gwen looked over at me with careful eyes, budging me with her elbow I looked over at her with little sad eyes,
"Are you okay?"
I nodded and leaned against her shoulder, I caught dusty's smirk and wiggle of the eyebrows I shoved him lightly with my foot and he pouted his little playful pout, ah I hated that he knew I hated that I leaned over pulling him to a hug,
"You know I hate that look"
He chuckled sighed,
"I'm gonna miss this.."
I gave Gwen a confused look she gave it back,
"What do you mean dust?"
He got up and sighed his usually bright eyes deepened and was sad,
"You're graduating this year you're leaving me.."
It was true we were leaving the school this year graduating after our GCSE's are finished we hadn't thought about it much but it was already February and there wasn't much time to deny it and let things move on...
I hadn't even thought about how dusty would do after we left everything was good as it was there and then I didn't want to think of little dusty alone on the bench with no friends or getting pushed about the corridor because his "body guards" weren't there to "save him" it was all too horrible and all a little too much I pushed it back to the deep end of my brain but now it has resurfaced and now I have to face reality a little too early for my liking but here it was now dusty worrying about it just as much as I did before.

"Well dusty a few weeks before school ends we'll get you some friends for the new school year we won't let you be alone.. and if you don't want any friends I've got a long lasting book collection at my house I could come by each day give you a new one to read their only short 20 minute read maximum I guess I won't let you feel lonely or be alone! Okay?"
He hugged me and Gwen tightly nodding and crying,
We hugged him back with so much care I didn't ever want anything bad to happen to him ever...
Gwen looked at me with those eyes I looked back at her with what I was hoping the same sort of eyes nothing more than just looking at each other and hugging dusty in our arms.

~~~
I hope I explained it enough in this chapter but dusty isn't in their year he is only year seven whereas we are in year 11 going into college he had a detention the day he met us and was put in our class for it.

Here you go Karl he's your precious chapter!

Thank you x