❝ CHAPTER 16 ❞

▌Chapter 16 ─ From The Halls Of Erebor ▌

Chapter 16 ─ From The Halls Of Erebor

      ━━━━━ ELIRIEN HELPED THESSALIA out of the barrel. Bilbo and the dwarves popped out of the barrels. Elirien followed behind Bard as he walked over to a man. He handed a coin over to him.

"You didn't see them. They were never here. The fish you can have for nothing." Bard told him. He then walked away from him. Elirien still followed behind the man. But the two moved in between the others. "Follow me." He said.

Elirien looked around as they followed behind Bard. "Da!" A voice shouted running towards them. "Our house, it's being watched." Bard looked back at the others. Elirien would be able to go with them because she had been on the boat and hadn't received any issue's but the others would have to go a different way.

They separated from each other, Elirien held onto something that Bard had handed her, he then pushed her behind his son who led the way. Elirien followed Bard's son up the steps. She looked down to see two men sitting in a boat. Elirien walked into the house looking around.

"Da! Where have you been?" One of his daughters asked, running up to him and hugging him. Elirien couldn't help but smile.

"Father! There you are! I was worried." The oldest said, hugging her father.

"Here, Sigrid." Bard handed the bag over to his daughter.

"Bain, get them in." Bard spoke, turning to look back at his son. Bain walked down the steps while Elirien placed the bag down on the table. She held her hand over top of her sword as the company started to walk up the steps.

"Da, why are there Dwarves climbing out of our toilet?" Sigrid asked.

"Will they bring us luck?" Tilda asked.

Everyone gathered in the house as Tilda handed out clothes to the dwarves, the hobbit, and the human. Elirien stood by one of the windows looking out as Bard walked back into the room. "They may not be the best fit, but they'll keep you warm." Bard told them.

Eventually Elirien walked over to Bilbo who came up to Thorin. "The dwarvish windlance." Thorin whispered.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Bilbo said.

"He has." Balin said, walking up to them. "The last time we saw such a weapon... a city was on fire. It was the day the dragon came. The day that Smaug destroyed Dale. Girion, the Lord of the city, rallied his bowmen to fire upon the beast. But a dragon's hide is tough. Tougher than the strongest armor. Only a black arrow fired from a windlance could have pierced the dragon's hide. And few of those arrows were ever made. The store was running low when Girion made his last stand."

"Had the aim of men been true that day much would have been different." Thorin said.

Bard came up to them. "You speak as if you were there." Bard said.