1.50

Another day, another day of pain

The bell had already rung, and the whole class was sitting and waiting for Jinyoung to enter. We all had no idea what was taking so long. With Jinyoung gone, that would mean Soobin was in charge, and I doubt this kid could lead a team.

"All right, everyone," Jinyoung finally came speeding into the room.

"You're late." I crossed my arms.

"I know that Miss Hwang." He sprinted towards the front of the room. "I spent all night yesterday night revising hours and hours of choreography. Please verify that you all got and watched the video I sent."

"That video was two hours long, Mr. Park." Kai extended his hand.

"So?"

"So I have homework and a life," Kai said, causing the rest of the room to giggle.

"Well, in theater, we learn how to manage our time." Jinyoung put on a fake smile. "Let's get started with some stretches. Yeji!" He called out my name.

"No." I shook my head. "I don't dance."

"Well, you do today."

"I'm not even in this ridiculous play, so why should I learn the choreography?"

"Because I said so. Front and center now," he demanded.

I sighed and dragged myself to the front. Jinyoung had this enormous smile on his face, and I could see he was having a good time making my life a living hell. "All right, let's move our two leads to the front."

Jinyoung made me stay after school for 30 minutes yesterday after the auditions to decide who would play whom. In any case, he didn't seem to be listening to any of my advice. If he did, Kai would be Romeo instead of Yeonjun, but I suppose my opinion is pointless. Democracy is a joke!

Lia and Yeonjun stepped up to the front, right next to me. "All right, class, we're going to rehearse the "Believer" intro. Simply follow my lead." Jinyoung spoke out.

Jinyoung counted each beat as he performed each step. I concentrated on keeping the rhythm. I didn't want to humiliate myself in front of my classmates, especially Yeonjun. I was expecting to trip several times, but I didn't. I guess two years of cheerleading helped a lot. The movements were easy. I hate to admit it, but dancing was somewhat fun. I felt glances at the back of my neck but assumed it was just my imagination.

As the choreography became more complex, so did our tempo. I could feel my face becoming heated from all of the work. Jinyoung has no intention of slowing down. He was running this room like it was an army. He kept repeating moves even if one of us got it incorrect.

I was only concerned about being in the front and not messing up.

"Alright, that's it. Separate into small groups and perform in front of me now."

"Can we please get a break? We've been dancing for 30 minutes." Lia whined.

"There is no such thing as breaks in theaters."

"Yes, there is. We have a three-minute intermission." I spoke up in Lia's defense.

"I see someone has been studying theater terminology." Jinyoung gave me a happy grin. I rolled my eyes and shrugged off his comment. "Come on, let's get into small groups." Jinyoung began to clap. "Chop Chop."

Lia reached out and grabbed my hand. She was having a lot of trouble. Lia was on the cheerleading squad, but she wasn't the best dancer. It was her energy that made her an essential member.

"Ryujin, join our squad," Lia called out to Ryujin, who was looking around for a group. Ryujin nodded.

"All right, Kai, your group goes first," Jinyoung yelled.

"Why me?"

"Because you were the first person in my direction. Let's go. Soobin start the music in 5 seconds."

Soobin nodded. Kai walked up to the front with his team, one of the members being Yeonjun. I didn't know the other's name, though he was always quiet. He literally tried out for a spear carrier with no lines.

The music started, and the boys began to dance.

They were all pretty good dancers. No one was off-beat. Yeonjun stuck out to me the most, most likely because he was in the center. He was handsome and, without a doubt, a fantastic dancer. He makes it difficult for me to dislike him.

Suddenly, in the middle of his routine, his eyes met mine. I instantly lowered my head to my lap. I didn't even realize I was staring. I brought my hand to my forehead, and I could feel my face heating up.

What is happening to me?

© -midzyspider

Happy Valentine's Day !

You know what else Valentine's Day is? Our future anniversary date. ❤️