Chapter 2: Dance Partners, Playing Dirty, and a Challenge

ALL DAY! Not even joking. Not exaggerating. ALL of my first five classes, he has been there. Glaring. Each class, I have managed to snag his seat. Score? Presley:5 and Alec:0. His glares, though, are..... UGH! *shivers* ...Scary.... And I'm not one to get scared! Maybe he has like a 0.5...

Thankfully, I have reached sixth period alive, which means advanced dance, which there's NO way he's in. That means I will get an hour reprieve before having to face him in detention.

I quickly pull on some mesh shorts, a sports bra, and a loose tank top. I stride confidently to the one place I call home, the dance room. I slip my converse off before stepping onto the mat.

I stretch quickly knowing, just knowing, the teacher will have me do a routine to prove myself worthy of advanced.  I bend over, touching my toes, hearing the door open. I feel the temperature drop ten degrees. Uh-oh.... Please God Almighty, let it be anyone else. I slowly straighten and turn.

Damn it! There's Alec in all his Sex God glory in some workout clothes, which by the way, show his muscles off nicely. My eyes meet his blue-eyed glare, and I'm tempted to run screaming (Well, that's a first.); instead, I hold his gaze and raise an eyebrow. Where's my medal of valor? That's brave, I'm sure. I said I wasn't scared of anyone, I meant it. I think. His eyes narrow, but I refuse to back down. We're in a silent staredown, when the door opens and 3 of the classified sluts walk in. Of course, they immediately rush to Alec and start flirting. I scoff and roll my eyes, turning away.

People start filing in as I resume stretching. I let myself fall into the splits and hear gasps of awe. The instructor finally walks in.

She seems like the kind of teacher to let loose with and make things interesting. Thank God! I was scared she'd be another prim and I'd have to do ballet to Mozart; I haven't done that in years. The dance teacher is really pretty though, with her slight stature and hispanic heritage. Her style to me, based on her form of dress and walk, says..... street dancing? Maybe? As soon as she sees me, her face breaks into a smile.

"New student?" She asks.

"Yep." I reply. "I'm Presley Jackson."

I hand her my schedule without waiting to see her reaction. I've had to do it all day. I mean, I'm a smart-aleck, but I know when to stop. I already have a detention and don't want another one. She waves it aside.

"I believe you. I'm Josie Soto, but you can call me Coach Joe. You ready to show me what you got?"

I nod and move to the center of the room, as people migrate to the walls. I close my eyes and roll my head on my shoulders, shaking my nerves and waiting for the music. Seconds later, I hear the opening notes of "Bang Bang" by Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj. I'm glad she chose this song, because I have it memorized by heart. Hell, I already have my routine planned.

I let the music was over me and move my body to the beat. I push myself throwing myself into spins and slides and twists with flourishes, using my flexibility to amaze them.

She got a body like an hourglass

But I can give it to you all the time

She got a booty like a Cadillac

But I can send you into overdrive oh

You've been waiting for that

Stop, hold up, swing your bat

See anybody could be bad to you,

You need a good girl to blow your mind, yeah