Chapter 2: Project☆Empire

A warm ray of sunlight crept through the window of Haruka's room, gently caressing her soft, porcelain skin as her eyes fluttered open. She sat up and stretched, yawning as she stared down at the table,

'Ah...I fell asleep on my desk..' She lets out a breathless chuckle; the tension slowly leaving her body as she stretches, a sigh escaping her lips as she moves towards the bathroom.

After dressing in a loose, casual outfit she made her way towards the front door. She was about to reach for the handle when a persistent knock drew her attention: She blinked her eyes as curiosity compelled her to open the door.

Her eyes widened in surprise when Otoya stood in the doorway. "Ittoki-kun!" Nanami greeted him with a bright and cheerful smile, while Otoya smiled back and greeted her with a slightly nervous scratch on his cheek.

"Morning, N-Nanami!" he said, his voice betraying only a hint of the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. Haruka bowed politely, "Good morning." she said.

Otoya smiled, "Ah, I was just heading to the lounge. Since we're all just gonna go to the same place.." he coughed for a moment, hiding his nervousness.

'Gah! Why am I so nervous?!' He yelled in his thoughts. Haruka tilts her head to the side with a slight smile as Otoya feels himself blushing slightly.

For a moment there was some silence, and then he spoke again. "I thought maybe we could walk to the lounge together?" Ittoki's panic increased significantly as he continued his train of thought. "Ah! If it isn't too weird-"

"Mm. I'd be glad to!" Haruka nodded as she closed the door behind her and set off with him. They both walked together in comfortable silence, with Otoya occasionally glancing at her whenever he got a chance.

Finally, he decided to break the silence by addressing her. "Ne, Nanami...?" "Mhm?" Haruka turned her head to face Otoya, her eyes blinking in curiosity.

Otoya nervously smiled as he looked forward, "Do you think this project will be a success?" he said with genuine concern as he turned his gaze back to her.

Haruka raised her eyebrows, her expression turning from one of confidence to one of curiosity. "Of course," she said, as she tilted her head a little and glanced at him.

"Do you have doubts...?" she asked, her tone becoming more concerned than it had been before.

Otoya turned to look at her with a surprised expression, "Ah! It's not like that," he said with a nervous chuckle.

"I'm just... worried, that's all," he said, his voice sounding slightly agitated. "Cause, y'know... HEAVENS aren't exactly easy to work with... And If my worries are right... I feel like QUARTET NIGHT would clash with them..." Otoya followed with a nervous chuckle.

Haruka's expression changed to one of realization as she slowly came to the same conclusion as him. "A-Ah. You may be right," she said with a nervous chuckle.

"But I'm sure they'll end up getting along." She stops walking for a moment to collect her thoughts, and then she speaks with a spark of passion in her voice. "After all, they're idols. Idols with the same goals, and it doesn't matter how different they are..."

Otoya listens to her words, taking in every single word. His eyes widen as he contemplates what they mean, but he ultimately nods in agreement.

"Yeah..." he says slowly, but confidently. "You're right, Nanami!" he exclaims with a bright grin. Haruka lets out a silent giggle as she sees Otoya start to cheer up.