13. Danishk and The Game

"How dreadful...to be caught up in a game and have no idea of the rules."
― Caroline Stevermer: Sorcery & Cecelia

**************************************************

Danishk woke up with yet another headache reminding him of the debacle of the previous night. Ugh! That girl... how could she get on his nerves so easily and brew up a storm within him? He sighed and stood up from his bed. As he made his way to his washroom memories of the previous night became further clearer as he took each step. He made sure Prajakta would get stuck in that under-constructed building between the workers but he didn't want her to get hurt or put her life in danger. But when that stupid Dishan appeared out of nowhere Danishk wanted that stupid girl to suffer even more. Hence with determination, he decided to make her life hell and went to the kitchen.

Ishaan received a call from Aakash as he woke up groggily in the morning and stretched while hitting his girlfriend's forehead. Manali screamed and hit him with the pillow over which she was resting her head. After getting hit by her Ishaan was fully awake and glared at her then he took his phone and left the bedroom after wearing his boxers while Manali too woke up to find her inner wears and rest of the clothes while clutching the bedspread while he attended the call by rolling his eyes and handing over her discarded clothing.

"Yeah Aakash uncle..."

"Did Danishk ask you to investigate his family's blast?"

"Uh... no uncle, he is uh... he is distracted a lot these days. He is mostly spending his time on that assistant of his... usually talking about her."

"Oh... well it's better this way. Make sure he stays that way and diverts himself and you too don't investigate this. Alright?"

Ishaan got suspicious of his uncle's words yet he decided not to act on it as he would, either way, investigate that.

"Yeah, sure uncle."

By saying that he cut the call and his girlfriend walked in clad in his tee and toothpaste smeared all over her chin as she brushed her teeth casually. He chuckled and made his way towards the bathroom to get fresh. Ishaan and Manali were the IT couple of their college and have been dating on and off since then. Manali is very chirpy and is very much clingy for Ishaan's liking but this girl has a way with him and the two have already have fallen way too deep to have their own normal individual life.

As Danishk was jogging listening to music, he felt something hit his head causing him to stop and it was that damned football! It must be a teenager or small kid who is messing with him, he will make sure to teach them a lesson but as he reached the field, to his surprise Prajakta was standing with her hands over her hips, glaring at him as if he stole her favorite spot.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Danishk asked her while holding the football with him.

"None of your business... and this is not your office to command me however you want. Now, gimme the ball."

Danishk glared at Prajakta yet walked towards the field and threw the ball at her which hit over her shoulder and landed on the ground.

"You wanted the ball right? Have that and don't bother me and irritate me this way."

He turned and was about to leave and then his back was hit by the ball again causing him to freeze.

"Looks like you are too scared to play games. Sore loser!"

That was it... rage filled within Danishk causing him to storm towards her and he held her by her elbow tightly and pulled her closer to him.

"What do you want to prove huh? That you could get me to play this silly game just because you called me a loser? Keep those cheap and silly tricks to yourself and those kids. Because I am not the one who will get swayed."

There was a flash of disappointment in Prajakta's face but within seconds she smirked and leaned towards Danishk to which he was taken aback.

"If any one of us will make 3 goals first, will get a chance to give a task... no a dare to the loser and the loser has to complete it. Failing to do so means they will have to not see the other person's face ever again. And we could play this game till my probation ends. Deal?"

And damn the deal was way too tempting for him to say no. Is she a businesswoman? If she does become a businesswoman, she will be rich just by moving that pretty mouth of hers. And also her athletic attire including a basic blue pullover with black leggings and white sports shoes does spell trouble. And not to mention the neon green sports bra peeking through the-

"Deal?"

Danishk snapped out of his daze and looked at the extended hand of Prajakta and he shook it still not understanding why he is agreeing to this. But after he did so, they were in the mini football field with proper goal post located near the clubhouse of the society with both of them standing opposite to each other while the ball was in between them while in intense eye contact Danishk got lost easily and didn't realize that Prajakta already kicked the ball and was running towards it. He realized when he felt her push him slightly and then he rushed to the goal post behind him directly while Prajakta reached near it. After fluking a couple of times, she made the goal causing the ball to land on the right side of the net and Danishk was a bit late to reach and he lost. And as Prajakta was busy celebrating her win she didn't realize he took the ball with him and fled. She ran towards him to get the ball and as he was about to make the goal she kicked the ball from aside at the same time he was about to kick and both of them fell.

"The f*ck are you doing?"

She ignored his yelling and stood up and ran towards the ball and so did he. Before she could make the goal, the ball was already with him and he kicked with a great force causing it to reach the goal post and colide with the net.

"Ugh! you- I swear I will beat you-"

Before she could say anymore he rushed to fetch the ball and make one more goal and Prajakta on the other hand ran towards him to stop him but crashed onto his back and fell down. He turned towards her and laughed at her state while he kicked the ball to make another goal. 2:1... Prajakta thought in her head.

"Hey! Not fair ok... I just fell and you... you make a goal!"

And Danishk didn't bothered while he rushed towards the ball and so did Prajakta and like pre school children they were fighting for one ball, kicking and pushing each other while grunting and groaning. Finally Prajakta managed to take the ball away from him and she ran to the opposite side but Danishk grabbed her arm and pulled her back and took the ball and was about to run but she pulled him causing both of them to fall down. Danishk landed on top of Prajakta and everything went blank for a few minutes. But Prajakta took the chance of his distraction and crawled down and rushed to take the ball but in a swift motion Danishk already had the ball with him and rushed towards his goal post and as he was about to kick the ball, Prajakta pushed him. He stumbled forward but he kicked the ball causing it to hit the goal post and that was it! Danishk won and the wide grin mocked at Prajakta.

"Now who's the loser? Be ready to complete the dare- wait why don't I give you dare right away? Miss street beggar, I am fed up of having you wandering In my office in those shabby Kurtis. I want you to wear Indian formals to work for a week atleast. And also behave like a proper girl, talk slowly, talk less, don't talk back. And lastly my cook is on leave for a week, so I want you to prepare lunch and dinner for me and bring it... that as well for a week. Understood?"

By seeing that Danishk left that ground while fuming Prajakta's face was etched in his memory serving him like a sweet candy. He just couldn't stop skipping on his pace on the way to his place as he got way too excited to reach his workplace.

************************************************

A/N:

And he is rejoicing the victory!