39. Danishk and Consoling

"There are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone."
― Nicole Krauss, The History of Love

*****************************************************************

As soon as she dragged Danishk away from that bar and her so-called brother was out of sight, she slumped down while bawling heavily. Danishk on the other hand had no clue about what to do while onlookers were giving them weird looks as if he had assaulted her or something. So within seconds, he lifted her up and engulfed her in a warm embrace while his heart thudded at lightning speed. Her soft sniffles became loud sobs and she was not able to have any control over herself and she cried in his arms. For what felt like a few minutes Danishk took her to his house and made her drink some water while still she was a sobbing mess. And Danishk literally had enough of hearing her cries.

"What the hell is wrong with you Prajakta? Just... just stop with your whining and crying. It's so f*cking frustrating!"

His outburst did stop her from crying but a burst of anger erupted within her and she pushed him with all her might causing him to stumble back and lose his balance. And as he was lying down she took advantage and grabbed him by his collar and she hovered over him.

"Well, I am sorry that I am not having a loving and caring family who backs me up every time called me up for every small party and takes care of my drunken arse all the time. I... I can't have such supportive and loving family. So f*cking go to hell and let me cry in peace at my fate!"

She huffed rapidly while he was staring at her in awe. When all the anger evaporated, she started crying profusely while she held his collars and placed her head on his chest trying to find solace while he circled his arms around her and caressed her back.

"It's okay... Praju... it's okay."

After what had been a couple of hours Prajakta was finally calm and exhausted hence Danishk offered her water and a few cut fruits on a plate. When she was done she slumped on the same couch of that lounge area and soon Danishk cleaned up everything and picked Prajakta in a bridal style and took her inside his room. Once he tucked her carefully on the bed with blankets and all, his gaze traveled over her still tear-stricken face... why does he always get this urge to protect her all the time?

Ishaan took a break from typing off his code and was checking his Instagram when he received a call from Danishk.

"Ye-"

"What does Prajakta's brother do? And give me the details regarding their relationship."

And that caused him to roll his eyes. Why can't his friend greet him normally and have a bit of politeness to let people talk?

"Why? Are you having a crush on her brother now?"

He heard a groan on the other end and he actually expected the call to end immediately but he was still in line.

"F*cking answer me!"

And there was that scream which was an indication of Danishk's irritation and as Ishaan didn't want his eardrums to get damaged, he cleared his throat and took out Prajakta's file from his system.

"So... her brother faked her death certificate and sold the family property and other assets so that he could settle in Cannada. And for some reason, Prajakta who is a law student didn't take any action against it and dropped out of law school. Maybe she did it because there is no financial backup for her to continue her college."

As Ishaan concluded, Danishk immediately turned towards Prajakta's sleeping face. Gosh! He was so wrong to think that she was some attention seeker and someone who runs behind the money.