Figuring Everything Out

Sirius was fairly new to taking care of children. He knew how to take care of Harry, as Sirius knew for sure that Harry would be a wizard. But he didn't know about the little girl, Melita gave her.

The little girl looked nothing like Melita. Her skin was like polished bronze that glistens in the sun. Her hair was curly like the clouds on a sunny day. She was much smaller than Harry. Making Sirius feel scared to even drop her.

Everything was seeming to be easy for Sirius. He finally was able to get the young girl a birth certificate and name her. That was easy because Harry seems incline to calling her Ellie. Sirius named her Elysia Black, seeing as it could easily be explainable to other Muggles.

This was the start of his new life. He had to change everything about himself to not get caught. He cut his hair short, making him almost unrecognizable by his former peers. He even got tattoos up both his arms. He worked low paying jobs, as he didn't have a muggle education.

Muggles had always stared at Sirius while he had Elysia and Harry. One being that Elysia has darker skin compared to Harry and him. The other being he looked so youthful to be a single father.

He wasn't experience in muggle primary school. So, schooling for those two was difficult for him. Harry seems to have gotten the education much faster than Elysia. It wasn't until Elysia had disturbed by getting up during her class, did he find out she had ADHD and dyslexia.

Harry became the easiest one. Becoming the older brother and protector of Elysia. Even with the homework. They became inseparable at times. Harry would help Elysia with her homework and was very patient when she didn't read as fast as him. He took his time helping her sound out each word, and understand what is being written

Elysia was the one that made him get out of his comfort zone of books and only want to spend time with Sirius. She got him into a friend group. She was the one initiating the plans of chaos that Sirius had to apologize for when the children's parents came over.

The only time Elysia has never been with Harry was when she has played alone. She talks about this imaginary friend of her. That plays witches with her. They would fight monsters and even played with toy swords.

Sirius didn't know if she had a creative mind for making up such elaborate games. Or if she was actually talking about a new friend. Well, if it was real Sirius wouldn't know what to do with himself allow Elysia to be playing with strangers.

~

It was early in the morning on July 31st, Sirius and Elysia were up early making breakfast for Harry's birthday. It was Harry's eleventh birthday and that made Sirius very busy trying to make everything right. That was until he heard a plate break on the ground.

Sirius turns around to see the plates quickly falling back where they were before, right behind Elysia. There were still a few plates floating in the air. As it looks like Elysia didn't want to break them as well.

"Ellie, what are you hiding?" Sirius asks, his eyes trained on her and not what was floating above them.

"When Harry did it you didn't ask him that. You're being unfair," Elysia says sounding very defensive.

Sirius understood now why Elysia seem to be quiet. She wanted to be seen by him and he wasn't giving her the right amount of attention. He hated that he made her feel like that.

"Ellie I can't fix what's wrong if you don't show me what's behind your back," he says getting down so he can look her in the eyes. "This has nothing to do with what's going on I don't want you to be hurt."

Elysia slowly shows her hand and Sirius finally got to see what she was hiding. Her hands had small cuts on them. Only one of them had a large gash from a plate he sees on the floor.

Sirius pulls out his wand and mutter softly. Elysia hands were healed with no scar. He even stood up to let her head. Trying to let her know he cares.

"We're going to have a talk with Harry. So can you wait until after dinner for me to explain it to you?" Sirius asks.

Elysia nods, as she bounces on her heels excitedly. Sirius like seeing her happy. He didn't know what he'd could do without her.

Sirius also felt a slight relieved that Elysia was also a witch. This meant he didn't have to hide where Harry is going.  Or leave her with a babysitter again. The day went rather smoothly then Sirius had thought. Elysia seem to have forgotten about what he had said earlier as she plays with Harry. That only stopped when there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Elysia says jumping out of from playing.

She was much faster than Sirius and quickly open the doors. Which is surprising as he didn't even see her run to the door. Just oddly appearing at the door out of nowhere.

The moment she opens the door there stands McGonagall and she looks no different than the last time he saw her. Sirius halted at the door as Elysia smiles brightly. He wasn't expecting McGonagall to be here of all places.

"Hello. Who are you?" Elysia asks before Sirius could even get the chance to stop her from speaking.

"I am Professor McGonagall, deputy headmistress of Hogwarts school for witchcraft and wizardry," McGonagall says to Elysia before looking up to Sirius. "I'd thought I'd be talking to a Muggle that you knocked up and left. I was not expecting you."

McGonagall walks in and stops midway through the living room. She saw Harry standing up from a pile of toys he just opened. Sirius watches the two his mind so focused on what would happen to both of them if he had to go away. But McGonagall says nothing as she goes to sit on the couch.

"Well, it is best for me to explain it to both of you know. Though I assume Sirius has already started familiarizing you about the wizarding world."

The talk went on for a while to explain to Elysia and Harry everything. Harry took it well as he already knew bits and pieces from what Sirius had already told him. Elysia on the other hand was asking questions upon questions. Her curiosity was intriguing to McGonagall. She didn't behave or act anything like Sirius. Even now as McGonagall gets up to leave, Elysia was creating plans on what they were going to do when they go shopping.

"What's are you going to tell Dumbledore?" Sirius finally asked as McGonagall was leaving the house.

"Simply that he is in good hands. There is no need to worry Sirius," McGonagall says.

"How do you know for sure?"

"Because you wouldn't be taking care of Harry and Elysia if you did tell You-Know-Who were James and Lily were staying."

Sirius went quiet at the statement. He never thought that anyone would believe him. Going into hiding was his best choice. Counting the fact that a strange woman gave him Harry and Elysia. All this thinking he didn't even notice McGonagall leave and the kids going back to fouling around.