A Class Not Worth Remembering

Elysia heard the rumors of Harry's stupid idea of flying a car to school. Even heard the Howler from her table. She knew Sirius wouldn't send anything that harsh probably send a letter praising him for doing something so reckless

Today she was going to Defense Against the Dark Arts. She hadn't met Lockhart yet. And hope that he would be better than Quirrell. Even she couldn't stay awake the whole time she was in that class to focus on what he was teaching.

As she settled down into the class, Elysia didn't feel well in the classroom. Blaise sitting next to her as usual with Theodore right behind her. She didn't feel right even when Professor Lockhart was standing in front of the classroom watching as everyone entered.

When the whole class was seated, Lockhart cleared his throat loudly and silence fell. He reached forward, picked up Neville Longbottom's copy of Travels with Trolls, and held it up to show his own, winking portrait on the front.

"Me," he said, pointing at it and winking as well. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming Smile Award — but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

He waited for them to laugh; a few people smiled weakly. Elysia looked at Blaise, who only gave her a shrug. She sighed and just listened to what he was saying. But she had to. This would be the best way of them getting house points. Someone this idiotic becoming

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books — well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about — just to check how well you've read them; how much you've taken in —"

When he had handed out the test papers he returned to the front of the class and said, "You have thirty minutes — start — now!"

Blaise started reading the test to her in a whisper. He hasn't asked why she needed it read to her just doing it so they could get points. Though the questions started to make her coil in fear of how a terrible teacher he was going to be. The questions were all centered around him and not about their abilities.

Half an hour later, Lockhart collected the papers and rifled through them in front of the class. Elysia knew she didn't get a high score.

"Tut, tut — hardly any of you remembered that my favorite color is lilac. I say so in Year with the Yeti. And a few of you need to read Wanderings with Werewolves more carefully — I clearly state in chapter twelve that my ideal birthday gift would be harmony between all magic and non-magic peoples — though I wouldn't say no to a large bottle of Ogden's Old Firewhisky!"

Blaise snicker and turns towards Elysia. His eyes light up as if he had a mischievous thought come to mind. But he didn't speak it. Which was good because Elysia would have encourage whatever behavior any of the three do.

"That was a stupid answer. You know that's not possible," Blaise whispers.

"Yeah, people fear the things they don't understand," Elysia whispers back.

"The books are all just outlandish stories that make no sense."

Theodore chuckles and nudges the two to listen. Professor Lockhart bent down behind his desk and lifted a large, covered cage onto it. Elysia was now curious as to what this might entail.

"Now — be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard-kind! You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm."

Elysia rolls her eyes while both Blaise and Theodore chuckling. They weren't interested about what he was going to happen. Only because it seems like he didn't know what he was doing.

Especially when he unleashed the pixies out for them to worded off. Lockhart didn't know what to do as the pixies started to destroy everything around them. They were pulling students hair and generally causing all kinds of mischief.

It started to feel just like the time Elysia had warded off pixies when she was a child. Believing it was all in her imagination she didn't think those spells would actually be useful. But then again, she had no explanation as to how she was getting rid of the pixies to them so easily. It just came naturally.

"Elysia, how are you so good at this?" Theodore asks, as he throws spells trying to get rid of the pixie.

Elysia shrugs as she took them out with ease. Making sure they didn't get close to them. She knew her hair would be a main target, making sure she kept a safe distance.

"You seem so calm for it being an unplanned thing," Blaise added.

Again, she shrugs as it didn't seem to faze her at all. But even she notices that Harry seems amazed by Hermione prowess. Making her want to pursue through more. She wanted Harry to see her just like he.

"You think Granger is any good," Elysia whispers to Blaise.

"Compared to what you're doing, no," He whisper back.

But his words didn't help. She could still hear Harry's words to Hermione. So, when the class was over, she had used her free period to be much more then Hermione. She didn't even think twice of leaving Blaise in Theo behind if it meant being better then Harry in some way. Even if it was against his own friends.