We ' ve been covidised..!!!

Hello all!!!

It has been a very loooooong time since I step into Wattpad.. Hope you all are staying safe. Special regards and prayers to the medicos and the battle field warriors..

  Now , why this? And what's the title with???

Well... Lately I came across an article in The Hindu daily ..

Yup..whole  credit of this content is to the  original author of ' The Hindu'

When I  completed reading the article , I couldn't stop myself thinking it over and over again..

   Then , I thought to share it with you ..may be you will find it either funnier or informative.. some may think it's meaningless.. yet , be familiarised with these covid telated terms.

As the covid pandemic rolls along , it made us familiar with few words which were once the realm of specialists . Here are few - RO factor , RT- PCR , N95 and so on..

In other hand , we already had been used with the words like - covid-19 ,   curfew , quarantine , covidiot , WFH , vaccine ( vax  , in it's jauntier version 😆)

To be precise ,

Oxford dictionaries categorised  all those kind of covid related words  under -
' words for an unprecedented year'

     I was engrossed to go on with the article . When I completed reading ,  I have noticed that few of those words   are actually surfing through the youngsters as  brand - new language.  To be frank , those words would've been existed only at the cobwebby corners of the English language . But ,now it's new normal to mainstream those words in our daily life..

   Omicron sweeps through 2022 as well , and it's clear that the pandemic is still on..

Why don't we learn few of those words..!?! If not , we may have to run over Google in search of the meaning while we are encountering those words...

1. SwabBurn :

You would have guessed the meaning !!!😄

Yes ,

That peculiar sensation of tears in your eyes , the desperate need to sneeze and tickling and burning sensation when nasal swab is jabbed up your nostril and swirled around.. There you go!!This is the word!!!

Tell me now , How many of you have been to SwabBurn 🙋

  The sting of rejection made him gasp as if  he had just been hit with SwabBurn...

2. CovidLimboed:

  There should be a  word for the particular anxiety of living between the time you get your nose swabbed for RT -PCR test and the time the test results arrive. As the results take longer , that anxiety just reaches fever pitch. How about this word - CovidLimboed ..

She realised she had been CovidLimboed after checking for the hundredth time to see if her WhatsApp message was showing blue ticks.

3. Covidised :

As each variant comes with its own symptoms , we have slowly realised everything from a scratchy throat to fatigue to a headache could be a sign of covid. I remember the time I rushed to smell the coffee powder whenever I had covid anxiety attack.  We could say every symptom has now been covidised.

There's no point trying to go through the pros and cons when you've covidised everything.

4. SafeCharade:

In a jam- packed flight we are told to observe the social distance protocol. A large new year eve's party advised the attendees to carry masks and sanitisers as if they were amulets that would keep the virus at bay in a crowded club. All these kind of meaningless and fake reassurance definitely need this word -SafeCharade .

The magic potion was just coloured water but the wizard hoped the SafeCharade would give the knights a shot of courage as they tried to slay the dragon.

5. Dalgona:

  During the early days of covid , people cooped up at home and have seen trends catch on , sweep through social media and then burn out. Remember dalgona coffee ?!  short, intense and gone without even a trace...!!!

After several dalgona relationships , she felt she was ready for something more long term.

6.CovidLogical: makes sense to some bureaucrat but illogical to some other goalpost

Demonetisation had a logic but it was really CovidLogical.

7. Covidiot :  who wilfully ignores common sense

Some of these words will hopefully not outlive the pandemic. But some might burrow into our vocabulary.

Who knows , in future we wouldn't be astonishing by saying -

" The wildfire spread like Covid "

instead of

" Covid spreads like wildfire"😝

Meet you all soon .

Stay safe..

Love ❣️

arulpirai...