Chapter eight

Backstabber, that's what the so-called best friend in front of Nightmare is. When he tried to kick him out of the house, he showed him the exit located a bit after the living room, he saw his brother on the couch with another person. Killer was sitting next to Dream. His arm was behind him, ready to get even closer to pull Dream next to him when it'd be the perfect moment. Nightmare coughed loudly to get everyone's attention, even Error who desperately tried to escape his grip. Killer moves away from Dream, afraid, and he murmurs something into Dream's ear before getting up and stepping closer to his boss.

-Boss? Something's wrong?

He grins but he is shivering. Dream didn't even slightly move from the couch.

Nightmare glanced back at Error and then Killer again.

-Why the fuck is everyone in love with that idiot?

He points at his brother who now giggles.

-What?

Nightmare sighs, he's too exhausted to explain anything to those people. After a while Error finally left, he was now confronting another problem.

-You're being paranoiac Night, I assure you they don't like me that way.

-They're too different with you, don't you see how they act? They're so desperately in love with you!

-What? No, they're not! Night I seriously don't want to fight with you just because you're jealous.

-That's what you always did when we were kids, you avoid me whenever I want to confront you about something. That's why you never noticed what was happening to me, I thought you had changed, but you're still the exact same.

-I'm not... I swear I have changed a lot but I don't get why you're so pissed off because of that.

-Because no matter how many times I'll move on, you'll always be there to drag me down again. Because, Dream, it's always you the main character who gets everyone to love you! And you'll always be in their mind no matter who I am close to. I might be loved finally now, but you've always been adored.

He stares at Nightmare with his big wet puppy eyes. It was always the same fight again and again.

-If you really think everyone adores me, that's on you. But know that, I've never wanted to be loved that much by anyone else other than you. What they think about me doesn't matter! I always wanted you to notice me, you to love me! Just for people's love you barely noticed I never liked all that attention, I wanted my stubborn brother to love and care. That's it! So now.

He sobs. -Let me be honest with you, they love you Nightmare, they truly do. What you see when they are with me is nothing, it's simply respect. They would never speak to me if you weren't my brother.

-Oh yes they would Dream, that's what you think but they love you. I've never met anyone who doesn't appreciate you.

-You haven't met yourself yet brother. 

Dream barely looks at his brother anymore, he steps away slowly before turning back without a word. After a little while, Killer joined his boss in the corridor.

-You made him upset dude.

-I'm not blind.

-What I mean is, go apologize! I'm sure you didn't meant it.

Nightmare rolled his eyes, he was right but Dream wasn't the only one being upset. He'd apologize later.