40

Quite and small footsteps lead the man that was still in work clothes towards the lonely park he had left not even an hour ago.

A gloomy air surrounded Minho when he entered the empty park for the second time that night, so many thoughts parking inside his head.

His knees collided with the grassy ground as soon as he walked a bit further inside the place. Minho felt so drained off energy.

Everything that had been happening to and around him tired him out so much; he didn't know how to deal with all the mixed emotions he's feeling.

In short, Minho was overwhelmed.

Having his own demons chasing him throughout his day-to-day life already tormented him enough.

Things happening to his friends on top of that was like hell to him.

Sighing heavily, Minho tried to gulp down the lump growing in his throat while carelessly caressing his face.

As much as he felt like letting go of all his pent up frustration, Minho didn't wanna end up crying in the middle of a deserted park.

Like last time.

Struggling there for a while more, he finally found himself standing up again on his wobbly legs, brushing off his black dress pants to get rid of any dirt.

He let his feet carry him to places.

Minho didn't realise how long it took but the next moment he took in the surrounding in front of him, he found himself standing in front of a bar.

Sighing again for the umpteenth time that night, he lazily made his way inside the bar.

He could really use a break for a night.

"What can I get you, sir?" The bartender, most probably in his early 20s, flashed a kind smile towards his customer.

Minho had taken a sit in front of the counter, a bit further from the few other people present there.

"Just wine please."

When he was served his drink, Minho didn't take long before gulping in the contents in one go, asking for more right after.

It was probably his 5th glass of wine, when the alcohol started to kick in hard.

Minho could feel that he was slowly getting drunk, the intoxicating feeling making him forget about all his worries temporarily.

It was better than the numbness he felt most of the time.

Right now he didn't have to worry about the engagement party coming in a few days, no pressure of work, no concern for his beloved younger friend or his best friend that was most likely going to get his heartbroken too soon.

Right now, Minho didn't have to deal with the surging hollowness in his heart that had been prominent there for years thanks to a certain chubby-cheeked male.

He was about to sip in another glass of alcoholic beverage when suddenly a hand reached out, halting his actions.

"I think you've had enough for tonight." The owner of the hand said.

Minho followed the stretched out hand to land his eyes on a male sitting on the tool beside his own.

The stranger had a bucket hat on that engulfed half of his face, the other half being hidden behind a black mask.

He slowly took the glass of wine away from Minho's hands and let it rest on top of the counter.

"What-" Minho mumbled out, still shamelessly staring at the other person.