coincidence

— okay quick a/n because i read every comment, yes there are moments when the characters (including y/n) say or do the cringiest shit. it's all apart of the plan, they're dumb college kids rn but go through a lot of change once the serious stuff starts to happen

just clearing that up, it wasn't coming from ME personally just how i intended for them to sound LMAOOO

In the week that had passed, every day getting closer towards the day of the Masquerade Ball, you had yet to find a date. It wasn't that big of a deal, Pon was going alone and if you didn't ask Jean or Merritt, they would be too. No, there was something else inside of you that said you needed a date to it.

You weren't that much of a vindictive person, you accepted your fate with Eren and agreed that if he and Mikasa ended up together, you would leave it at that. So why you would go out of your way for the slim chance of making him jealous?

Well you didn't know.

It wasn't right, using someone else for your own gain. It sounded a lot like Floch, who if you really got desperate, you may consider asking. It wouldn't do much though, you told Eren about your history with the red head so he wouldn't be much of a threat anyways.

Plus, you didn't want Eren to think you were stupid enough to take him back.

Your only other options were Jean and Merritt. You weren't intending on leaning more towards the second option, but it made a lot more sense. He and Eren had something going on between them, no one else would pose more of a threat than the guy he supposedly hated.

No. The whole thing was insane. You would do like Pon and go alone, making someone jealous was just childish.

"I invited you here so you could keep me company, you know." You snap back to reality, looking to your right at Onyankopon who stared straight ahead as you two walked. He had a bored expression written on his face, presumably because of how much you were spacing out.

"Sorry," you mumbled.

He walked into the next store that piqued his interest, you following behind. "It's fine. If you have to tell me what's wrong, as least wait until I find a suit. I can't get sidetracked."

You smile dryly, knowing he couldn't see. "Thanks Pon."

He waves you off, leaving you walking around on your own while he browses the store. Coming to the mall would have been a good chance for you to look for an outfit as well, but knowing there was the slight chance of you deciding not to go in the end, you didn't want to waste money just yet.

It's pointless to dwell on it right now anyways, and at least tomorrow night there would be a small get together with some friends so you wouldn't have to think about it too much. You push all the thoughts regarding the ball aside, walking around the store while pretending to be interested in the suits.

Around fifteen minutes later Pon was at your side again, luckily with his purchase in his hand. It was covered so you weren't able to see it just yet, so you speak up. "Not going to show me?"

He smirked, "all in due time. Do you need to look for anything?"

You shake your head, "not right now. Kinda just wanna get back to the school."

"Oh thank god," he breathed out in relief. "No offense, shopping with you just takes ten years off of my life."

"Big coming from the guy who literally went through four different stores before he found a suit he liked," you shot back. "Not to mention you asking me to hold things for you and forgetting all about them."